cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type 321 and posting change creation in EWM

0 Kudos

Hi guys, I need a little help here.

Every time the quality department post the usage decision through QA32, the system performs the 321 movement type transferring the material from quality to unrestricted use. Although the material is transferred from quality to unrestricted use at the same time, the system creates a delivery (posting change) that remains open in EWM.

My doubt is: why we need the posting change in EWM if the status change (321 movement type) was already done in ECC and also in EWM. Or why the system perform the movement if the delivery (posting change) in EWM is still open?

Which is the right way to work?

1. After the posting of QA32, the system should create a posting change in EWM and wait until the processing is completed, then transfer the result to ECC;

2. The system performs the movement type 321, changes both systems and does not create the delivery (posting change) in EWM.

And why I have a mix of both processes?

Thank you in advance.

Anderson Ranéa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218198
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have EWM in landscape, every movement of product within EWM managed storage location would trigger delivery creation if you trigger it in ECC.

For you case, you have options as below:

1) perform posting change in EWM ( /scwm/post), it will update ECC/EWM stock in one step without posting change delivery

2) perform posting change in ECC, and set up system so that the posting will happen automatically without intervention.

Hope it helps.

Vic

0 Kudos

Hi Victoria, thanks for the information.

I think here it’s missing the second option. Because the posting change in ECC already happened and the posting change (the document that I can see through transaction /SCWM/IM_PC) remains open in EWM.

Could you tell me where I can set up the system to avoid the posting change creation in EWM?

Thanks

former_member218198
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anderson,

I just wonder how could you see the material document posted in ECC while the posting change document remains open in EWM...normally it is the posted posting change in EWM that triggers the material document creation in ECC..

If there is no bin location change after QA32, you can set up in EWM to enable posting change in bin so that no WT is needed for the post change document created..

But if you only want to avoid PC document created in EWM while doing 321 from EWM manged storage location, as far as i can see, i don't think it is possible..

Vic

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I understand the problem correctly, you receive communication of goodsmovement before you fully process the posting change inside the EWM. Can you please elaborate  more on what is your delivery type and how did you configure your ERP interface regarding posting changes?

Please - if you use QIE, ignore my question.

Petr

0 Kudos

Hi Petr, you’re totally right. How could the system create the task without processing the posting change? The task is not related to the posting change.

I can see the relation of the documents in the following path:

Extended Warehouse Management – Interfaces - ERP Integration - Delivery Processing - Map Document Types from ERP System to EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anderson,

I am not clear with your statement "The task is not related to the posting change" Can you please describe more?

Anyway, let's assume your ERP to EWM QM settings is correct and you trigger the posting change from EWM based on QM interface settings as mentioned by Juergen.

My question is - when you check the PPF tab of your posting change in /SCWM/IM_PC:

1) what is the overall status of the document - you say it is "Not Started"?

2) do you see the "Send ERP Delivery Messages" PPF action?

Thank you.

Petr

0 Kudos

Hi Petr, first of all thanks for the help.

Look at this scenario, I’ve posted a goods receipt already in unrestricted use. The system generates the inspection lot and I posted the usage decision.

In both systems the quantity of the product is in unrestricted use.

And the system did not need to create the 321 movement type in ECC or the warehouse task from quality to F1 in EWM.

In EWM however, the system creates the posting change document.

As Juergen mentioned before, probably the usage decision in ECC is triggering the posting change creation in EWM. But the stock is aligned so I don’t need this document.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anderson,

It looks like, your PPF Create Warehouse Task - Start Condition does not met the requirement. That is the reason, PPF stayed back in Yellow.

In Change mode or using report SPPFP, you run your PPF manually. After that, If your stocks look good both ERP and EWM Side, make correct your PPFs Start Condition.

Regards,

Sathish

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

not a super QM/QIE expert. But can you give some details of your inspection document? What is the inspection type? Because if the inspection document is created through the QIE, it should when you enter the usage decision trigger the posting change in EWM and this again trigger the posting back to ERP. There should no delivery be created by ERP in that case.

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen, thanks for the info!

The usage decision is posted through QA32 and the inspection type is X01IRHEW GR - Packaging- Stock from Rdyn -HU-EWM (I don’t know if it helps…). How can I see if the QIE is active!?

In the material document in ECC I can see the warehouse task created. However the task is not related to the posting change (still open, I can see the posting change in the transaction /SCWM/IM_PC).

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that does not sound like a pre-configured inspection type. Do you see a lot origin? And do you not know if the QIE is active in EWM? Well, actually, that is not a good question. Because if you use EWM, you must have QIE active in order to trigger the QM inspection document creation. But something seems wrong with the settings here.

"

Which is the right way to work?

1. After the posting of QA32, the system should create a posting change in EWM and wait until the processing is completed, then transfer the result to ECC;

2. The system performs the movement type 321, changes both systems and does not create the delivery (posting change) in EWM."

In the case of EWM none of these two is the right way. As I wrote, the inspection document should trigger the posting change directly in EWM.

You wrote you see a material document in ECC and a warehouse task related to that. Did you check the warehouse task? What process category is that?

Brgds

Juergen