Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The oracle user does not exist

former_member209959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm installing a Netweaver 7.4 with oracle 11g. I want to install the diagnostic agent, the ASCS, the database and the AAS en the same host, but separately.

I've already installed the first two: diagnostic agent and ASCS, but when I try to install the database the option to choose the user who install the DB disappears:

And then, the installation stops because the "oracle" user does not exist. This user is only for oracle 12g or 11g with ASM/exadata, but it's not my case.

In others installations, if I install the different instances in different hosts:

I don't have to do anything and the installation ends properly.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member635979
Discoverer
0 Kudos

+1 on the bug! I hit the same error using SWPM10SP08, installing NW74 SR2 on Linux/Oracle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is solved in PL1 of SWPM SP8.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It seems to be a bug in SWPM.

Oracle user is only used in RAC environment where as ora<sid> will be used in single instance with filesystem.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member209959
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks James and Brindavan, but finally I could finish the installation using the SPM 7 instead of 8. With it, appears the option to choose the user to install the DB. The SPM8 was released a week ago, and I suppose there is a problem in it.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

same problem during a single instance installation of SAP Netweaver 7.3 EhP1 with Oracle database on Linux using SWPM 1.0 SP08. Error message: Account user="oracle" does not exist

I stopped the installation and restart from scratch using SWPM 1.0 SP07. Oracle software was already installed in the previous run, SWPM correctly skipped this step and finished without any errors. Someone should inform SAP support about the issue.

Regards,

Valerio

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Create oracle user with DBA privileges like ora_sid user and then continue the installation.

Thanks,

BM

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maximino,

I justed encounter the same issue days ago. Please create oracle user manually from os level then
the phased will pass, but next error "a group is missing" will show again. Please manually create the
required OS group as well.

Best regards,
James