Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Custom SAP Themes From Theme Designer to Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

My organization currently deploys applications to an IIS Server.  We are attempting to leverage SAPUI5 controls.  To assist with this we have been using Eclipse Luna with the UI5  Development Toolkit for HTML5.  With this functionality we are able to use SAP out of the box themes to design and test layouts locally but can't do this with custom themes created inside the SAP Theme Designer. My question is are there any additional plug ins available which may allow for us to customize the SAP Themes inside of Eclipse?  Unfortunately I can't use the SAP Theme Designer Preview since these applications are not being hosted on Gateway but rather on IIS.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John

at the moment this scenario is not supported for the SAP Theme Designer.

Theoretically in future you could think about using Hana Cloud Platform (HCP) as a theming hub to create your custom themes, export them and afterwards import them to your IIS Server.

But this is not yet a scenario officially supported by SAP. There are dependencies to the UI5 version used on HCP respective your server.

Kind regards.

Carola

3 REPLIES 3

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John

at the moment this scenario is not supported for the SAP Theme Designer.

Theoretically in future you could think about using Hana Cloud Platform (HCP) as a theming hub to create your custom themes, export them and afterwards import them to your IIS Server.

But this is not yet a scenario officially supported by SAP. There are dependencies to the UI5 version used on HCP respective your server.

Kind regards.

Carola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carola,

Would you also happen to know of any additional resources about any additional features that are available in HCP?  I notice there are a couple controls in the GWS instance of Theme Designer which do not load  (Simple Form comes to mind).  Our Basis team was informed that some of these UI5 controls are not contain in the GWS instance but rather need to connect to an application which utilizes these controls to properly view them.

Thanks,
John

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

For Theme Designer on HCP capabilities, see the corresponding documentation:

UI Theme Designer

Concerning missing control previews within the theme designer, this is a bug which is addressed to development.

Kind regards

Carola