cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation status of inbound delivery

0 Kudos

Hi folks,

SAP note 67442 and experience tell that the transportation planning status of an inbound delivery is only determined by the delivery type ('EL') and not by delivery item category or the route.

I cannot imagine an understandable conceptual reason for this "standard" system behaviour.

Anyway, do you have any enhancement idea how to overrule this rough default process?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, as I see the inbound delivery considers only the transportation relevancy of the delivery type (item category and route are ignored).

If you cannot solve it via configuration, you can change the transportation status (VBUK-TRSTA) in 'form USEREXIT_SET_STATUS_VBUK of program RV45PFZA.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your correct, helpful and fast answer.

(Unfortunately there is only one option to mark it as either correct or helpful. Against this "standard system behaviour" I would insist here on both.)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

You are correct - it is standard behaviour. I am not sure why the system was designed in this way. According to SCM611 (transportation documentation), the route setting does not apply to inbound deliveries as these do not require a route.

Looking at the code, the transportation status gets set here:

SAPLV45P / FORM TRANSPORTSTATUS_LIEFERUNG

IF NOT ( TVLK-VBTYP CA VBTYP_LIAV ).

Falls Lieferschein (und nicht Lieferavis) vorliegt:

PERFORM DATEN_BESORGEN_ROUTE.

Is Route transportrelevant ?

IF ( TVRO-TDIIX EQ SPACE ).

VBUK-TRSTA = SPACE.

EXIT.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

Lieferart und Route transportrelevant, daher:

VBUK-TRSTA = CHARA.

ENDFORM.

In English, this code basically states that if it is not an inbound delivery, check the relevance of the route. If the route is not transportation relevant, then set the status to space. Otherwise, set the transportation status to A (VBUK-TRSTA = CHARA).

To over-write this standard behaviour, you could use the user exit suggested by Csaba. You could also use BADI BADI_SD_SALES_BASIC, Method HEADER_STATUS. This method allows you to over-write the VBUK-TRSTA value with your own logic. Both the user exit and BADI are suitable for this purpose as they are called after the above code.

Hope this helps.

Noel

0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Thanks for your correct AND helpful answer.

(Unfortunately there is only one option to mark it as either correct or helpful. Against this "standard system behaviour" I would insist here on both.)

Regards,

Volker