Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI deletion of messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please suggest:

The issue we are observing right now that switch job cannot keep up with amount of messages generated per day.

As you can see job is being running for almost 50 hours and has processed 5.8 million records.

However, current number of entries is around 9.5 million records and it's gradually growing, as per SXMB_MONI persistence layer analysis:

My assumption that job would never finish as records are keep coming in to the system, it's being started with DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD = 90;

Current overfill level is above 1000%

Question: if I stop the switch job and manually and run the report RSXMB_SWITCH_DEL_OLD_ENTRIES which according to 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI should delete messages without triggering a switch procedure.  In addition,

will I be able to run any deletion job if I stop the switch job as it usually failing saying that I have to repeat copy job.

Or is there any other more efficient way to either delete messages or speed up the switch procedure, as clients asking for estimate which is difficult to forecast in the current situation. Unfortunately to me we are having this circus in production environment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palvo,

You could not stop Switch job until it copied.

Useually this report execute "RSXMB_SWITCH_DEL_OLD_ENTRIES" if you do not enough space during your switch ,then you execute this report remove the old entries.

-- First you need check  all system reorganization are running properly according to Note:872388

-- BPM Synchronous failed messages not reorganized until you cancel , please go t.code SWIA --- select ERROR ( I mean old error messages)-- cancel using ADMC( ADMC means Adminstaratively cancel)

-- please switch back to normal.

For better & Immediate solution raise SAP incident with high prority.

Thanks & Regards,

Sateesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavlo,

The switch job must complete and no other archiving or deletion job can run until this completes. The best method my be to stop the switch and then run the report RSXMB_SWITCH_DEL_OLD_ENTRIES. You can then use this report to physically delete any already copied messages from the inactive container. You can also use this report to delete any logically deleted entries from the inactive container. Depending on the DB you are using you may need to carry out an online reorg of the tables to return the space back to the OS as some RDBMS do not do this automatically.

In relation to the switch job if you are copying over 6 million messages then there may be some issues with the message statuses of the messages in SXMSPMAST or the reorg strategy is not correct. You should not be copying over most of the messages in the table when the switch job runs.

Regards

Eoin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone response is helpfull.

Funny thing that I got more frequent and relevant responses from SCN then through OSS incidents.

I've stopped switch job and run RSXMB_SWITCH_DEL_OLD_ENTRIES which deleted 2,6 million records. However, I can't repeat a switch job afterwards, getting:

"Unable to start switch job because another switch job is already running" error.

I've double checked there are no any switch job running, so when I repeat the job through SXMB_ADMIN -> Job Overview it's failing in 30 seconds, with above mentioned error.

Did anybody has experienced similar issue ?

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavlo Slavinskyi,

please go through the below links for your reference

Switch Deletion Procedure in SAP XI | SAP NW Newbie

Overview of the Switch Deletion Procedure - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavlo Slavinskyi,

I think this link will help you to solve your problem.

SAPTechnical.COM - Archiving and Deletion in PI

Have you gone through this link?

Regards,

Suhale Shaik.