cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove inconsistencies on primary index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We recently did BW upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4, post which we noticed few indexes populated in "Missing Tables and Indexes" section of Consistency check

All Indexes are from tables which start with "/BIC/...."

When I logged into DB and searched for the Index names corresponding to those tables, I couldn't find the index name

When I try to create from DB02 transaction - I get an error saying similar index exists in DB

However, I see them in SE14 of that table - ***** I also tried : SE14 --> Entered Table Name --> Click on Index which is shown in DB02 and tried doing "Activate and adjust database" - No luck, error is : "A system required index cannot be dropped explicitly, SQLSTATE=42917"

Please suggest how to get the consistency check GREEN, thanks

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what's your database management?

One option is rebuild the index but from database not with the GUI interface, maybe you could get some help of DBA guys,,

bets regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - We are on DB2 with Linux

Checked with BI guys and they doesn't seem to have any idea about those tables as they are not used anywhere as far as they searched

We found out the reason why we are unable to create the Index from SAP or DB side (As I said earlier when we try to create from DB02, its failing that the index already exists with the same name)

Index name is "/BIC/KABCD1~0", I suspected that the table "/BIC/KABCD1" will contain this Index, however table "/BIC/2ABCD1" is containing this Index

Did any of you guys faced this issue?

Thanks,

Subbu

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Refer to note 1820508 - Missing Secondary Indexes for Infocubes in Transaction DB02 Missing Tables and Indexes.

If you have run the repair accordingly and it recurs then you can consult your BW team and they can probably just be deleted.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johan and SS,

Thank you, sorry I didn't mention that the consistency check came up complaining about the PRIMARY indexes but not secondary indexes

We are on 7.42 Kernel and also Note 1820508 is not valid as the indexes are PRIMARY indexes and also the indexes were belonging to Tables "/BIC/K* and /BIC/S*"

Any suggestion on how to proceed further?

Thanks,

Subbu

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Have you consulted with your BW consultants on this? My guess is  that these are not needed anyways.

They can probably clear the job/function in RSA1 trying to access this.

In any case check this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/80/1a6473e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Kind Regards.

Johan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

1. Have you check with any one of the BI guy for what purpose those index are used? if its not used you can drop the index.

2. Could you check this SAP Note error message " A system required index cannot be dropped explicitly SQLSTATE=42917"

1911087 - DB6: DROP INDEX to DROP CONSTRAINT

BR

SS