Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation View Performance

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We built calculation (main) view based on some custom calculation & HANA live. While executing the main view is taking 5 min to display 5000 record.

How to find out performance of this view ?

Which join is taking is long time ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Kamruz

Note: All are calculation view only..Calculation done in Projection..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Getting some information like Highlighting Column Search- > Column search Wrapper -> Create temp table etc..Need some more infortaion

If HANA view is taking 5 min to display the output. BO WEBI also taking 4 mins to diplay the same data. is this any issue BO side ..

Note : there is no calculation in WEBI..

Regards,

Kamruz

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

If I executing the  view Raw Data ( no filter )is taking 5 min to display 5000 record. but If I put some filter in the selection prompt like Plant = ***, sales org = *** , View got stuck up and no data is displaying, finally view getting error HDBStudio ..

I m not able to find out where is the issue.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Kamruz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If HANA view is taking 5 mins to display then definitely there is an issue with model. Run the select statement on the view with filters rather than running data preview and including filters.

Also create copy of your calculation view and lets say you are using couple of analytic views as source then

1) how much time those views taking to give the data.

2) Do the performance analysis for source objects before you do it for Calculation.

Can you explain how this calculation view has been built.

Regards,

Venkat N.

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the reply. I am not able to findout exactly the join name ( long running ) from nodes name.

Execute Reroprt:

Raw Data - > Generated SQl ->Visulaze plan ->
create Temp index / Column Search etc showing
Aggregation over join 7 table , Distinc on join over 4 tables.. Convert Column to column, C to C convert etc..

Name , ID , Inclusion Exclusion time are there

Double click Column search -> Projct / Aggrefation / Column Temp table etc are there

Here Nodes name are showing..My question is how to find out which join is taking long time in the view..as no join name is showing.. Its showing only Nodes name.. Please suggest..

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The timeline view should provide some insight into what plan operators take a long time.

Joins - the set operations you model - are broken down into multiple plan operators by SAP HANA and in turn might be run in parallel and/or in a different than expected order.

A good strategy often is to follow the critical path of the query execution and see what plan operator takes long. Often you'll find that this has to do with the amount of data processed by some of the plan operators and this might be an opportunity to change your model (e.g. filter earlier, aggregate on a higher level or be more specific on the join clause...).

- Lars

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to find out the critical path which is highlighting. Here Nodes are showing. But this nodes belongs to which join , that I m not able to find out.

Please suggest me how to navigate from here to Hana view join. As I m not getting the join name.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is admittedly not always straight forward to map the plan operators to the logical operators of a model or SQL statement.

A good starting point to get into this would be the SAP HANA Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis Guide - SAP Library.

Since we don't know what SAP HANA live model you are using, nor which custom model is built on top of it and also not how you query the final view, there's nothing we can add at this point.

From what's in the thread right now I would guess, that too much data needs to get materialized during the query processing. And this typically relates to no early filtering/aggregation or using the wrong model in the first place.

-  Lars

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked each step ( sub view ) and executed each view separately ,looks fine, data are displaying within 10 sec .

If I execute main view final aggregation level -> display  data, raw data are displaying within 12 sec..

selection: Fiscal period - input parameter - 201505... no issue...data coming properly.

If I execute main view , raw data are displaying within 15 sec..

selection:  Fiscal period - input parameter - 201505... no issue...data coming properly.

if i execute main view with filter both Fiscal period - input parameter - 201505 and variable Sales org = US

then HANA studio getting stuck and CPU usage 99% ..hanged & BASIS getting alert about this SQL statement..

I m not able to find where is the issue..

All the sub view is working fine...displaying data within 10 sec

Main view - final aggregation level --displaying data  12 sec..

Main view -final output-  input parameter - fiscalperiod - Data displaying 15 sec

while adding some more filter in theselection parameter , studio hanged..

Please let me know if you want some more information.

Regards,

kamruz

sk_kamaruzzaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Please tell me how to find out the calc. node name while displaying below screen in plan viz

Name;

ID:

Summary:

Execution time inclusive

Execution time Exclusive

Execution start time

Execution End time:

CPU time:

Calc. Node Name: join_5  ( most wanted )

Column processed.

in my screen I am getting all the above details except calc. Node Name...how to get it..please suggest

From where I can get the table used option in my plan view as mention below link .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/4a/f76dc03622465097f71df6ecfd0d2b/content.htm?f...

I m getting properties, timeline console tab .but table used tab is not showing.

Needs to do some setting ? ...Preference tab.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamruz,

please have SAP support look into this.

If you cannot even execute the PlanViz properly, then this problem is beyond what we can reasonable discuss here.

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamruz,

Run the visualize plan on your calculation view, this should give clear idea about which join is taking how much time.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/c1/f281fbbb571014aaf38a264c0e12c4/frameset.htm

Regards,

Venkat N