Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects Central Management Console - Missed Olap Connection Link

marco_gioia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

since few minutes my SAP BO (BOE BI 4.1 sp5 patch4) doesn't show me the OLAP CONNECTION link (action_22) in the Central Management Console.

I used this till this morning to create SAP BW Connection and test the existing ones.

Yesterday I migrate the BIAR from a previous BOE BI 4.1 sp2 system without any issue... The access to the CMC is unrestricted and I also try to force the EXPLICIT GRANT to the Olap Connection line, but no result.. could you help me? As you can see in the snap that's the only missing thing.. everything else work fine.

BR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Regarding you query please refer below Scenario:

Scenario I: Point the CMS to another empty schema (new Db), Login to CMC and check whether the OLAP connection icons are visible.

Scenario II: During login in Central management console select different BO details

For e.g:

Step I:

Use Development Environment Tomcat Application

http://development:8080

Step II:

For e.g: Use SANDBOX Environment BOBJ Application details

http://development:8080/BOE/CMC

System Name: SANDBOX:6400

User Name: Adminsitrator (SANDBOX User ID should be used for login)

Password:*****

Authentication:Enterprise (By Default) (You can use any authentication used in SANDBOX environment for testing)

Step III:Login to CMC and check whether the OLAP connection icons are visible.

There is a possibilty that the CMS Db might have got some corrupt entries.

Was there any kind of SP / Patch upgrade activity performed for BO. Or else an upgrade activity in the CMS Db level?

Perform a RDT scan to know the inconsistencies. Refer the below:

How to browse CMS repository - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

How to use Repository Diagnostic Tool - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Hope this will help!!!!

Thanks,

Daya

marco_gioia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Doing step I the Olap Connection Icon is visible.. now I'm starting to perform an RDT in order to find inconsistencies... then I'll publish the results

The version is SAP BO 4.1 SP5 patch 4.

What can I do to restore the CMS actual DB or to avoid migrate all the BIAR from the corrupted CMS to a new one?

BR

marco_gioia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, also after a reposcan process (with 25 application files repaired) the icon isn't available... any advice?

Thank you

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems the .dfo file associated with your menu is corrupted during the course of the earlier migration

Answers (0)