cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR version 11.5 migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

our company is currently in the process of upgrading our software development tools. So I have upgraded to Visual Studio version 2013 (VB.Net) and have also installed a version of SAP Crystal Reports 2013. Our current setup is Visual Studio 2008 and CR 11.5 R2. I am having some issues trying to map the new references, i.e. our application currently references the following libraries.

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

Do the above libraries exist in the 2013 version of Crystal Reports?

Here is some code that I am currently using in my project.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're mixing couple of products here.

Crystal Reports 2013 (v. 14.1.x) does not install any SDKs

SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET (v. 13.0.x)  is the SDK, but can only be used with VS 2010 and later.

The SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET can be downloaded from here:

BTW.; CR 11.5 was not supported in VS 2008 (looks like it worked for you, so no big deal, just an FYI). See this wiki for more details: Which Crystal Reports assembly versions are supported in which versions of Visual Studio .NET - Busi...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

thanks for the prompt reply. I really need some design guidance here. In our current setup, we design and build the CR objects outside of the .Net development environment using CR 11.5 and save each of the objects as .rpt files. In our VB.Net 2008 project, we then reference the 3 dlls above; we have a CrystalReportViewer object on a windows form and then dynamically load the .rpt file at run time and populate CR parameters based on user input. See sample code attached. Our company has just purchased VB.Net 2013 and CR 2013 so I'm wondering what is the best design approach going forward. Bearing in mind that we have about 70-80 .rpt files 🙂

Any suggestions will be very welcome. Thanks a lot for your time.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhhh - got ya. Great questions.

Existing reports created in CR XI / XI R2 should not need to be updated at all. To run these reports and any new reports created in CR 2013 in .NET 2013, you will need to download the install exe for SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET.

Use the SP 13 install exe - download link is in this document:

Once you have run the exe, you will get runtime version 13.x. Then, opening a .NET project created in VS 2008 will automatically update the references so theoretically (keeping your fingers crossed) that is all you should need to do to update the app.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner Ludek. Your suggestions worked a treat! Thank you very much for your input on this.

Answers (0)