Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading process

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we  update event mainly loading and unloading event  - Can the event update happen based on actual quantity that is loaded in truck / vessel - this quantity can be different freight order quantity i.e  the event is updating the same freight order  and if in Freight Order its specified as   20 MT, Actual loaded quantity in the truck is 22 MT and Event update for loading happens with 22 MT.

Kindly let me know if this scenario is feasible

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Can you give us more insight where you capture qty like System, Control or Info parameter?

if you capture in these parameters, then you can over write/update.

Give us screen shot to check.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For business it does not matter wheather we would like to capture it as control/info/sys parameter as long as they are able to capture it.What should be our suggestion in this case and how we should configure the system so that event update happen based on actual quantity that is loaded in truck / vessel.I think this should be a common scenario when loading of truck happens in site.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you want to achieve?

Just update the quantity?

-> Then you could just use parameters

Check if quantity matches and react on it?

-> You should look for measurements in EM

Best regards,
Steffen

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

hI,

At the moment we just want to update the quantity. Is there any link or discussion previously  which will help me to understand how updating parameters will help to report event with quantity

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Multi Task Activity PCM10_CHANGE_QTY does exactly this.

In your Event Type extractor you have to fill the TRACKPARAMETERS structure:

ls_trackparameters-partyp      = gc_control. -> here control param
       ls_trackparameters-param_name  = 'PARAM_NAME'.
       ls_trackparameters-param_value = 'PARAM_VALUE. -> new quantity

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since we have the integration between TM to EM and not with ECC hence I thought MULTITASK ACTIVITY related to PCM are related ECC visibility process?

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

but the principle is the same whether you update a quantity in a parameter from ECC or TM.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

Most of the activities and methods are not system dependent to update, we can use existing activity/ method to update control, system or info parameters depends on client requirements.

You can create a control, system or info parameter and update as per Steffen direction.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx.

One more query- since its a config to update the parameters hence if one needs to specify the quantities while reporting the events as well in EM web UI and also the reported events should be displayed in EM web UI,  what config we need to do further ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

There are few discussions how to configure control, system or info parameters on the user profile and bring onto SAP EM WebUI.

You can refer that because all config fall under same logic.

Refer this

Issue in EM web UI | SCN

Reporting events from SAP EM WebUI - there are discussion in our forum again.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I am also interested in this... The thing is: There are actually fields in TM (9.1) freight order/freight unit to hold actual quantities. But as far as I can see, there is no functionality in the standard visibility scenarios to update these quantities from EM. This would be desirable to utilize the Discrepancy functionality in TM where a discrepancy (which is actually just a special instance of EXECUTIONINFORMATION node) is automatically created if reported quantities are out of specified tolerance. Just updating a control parameter or measurement data in the event handler does not suffice because this is not replicated to TM.

Using the discrepancy functionality in TM seems more straightforward to me compared to implementing some logic/reactions in EM. This way it would still be possible for the users to enter the values manually in TM and achieve the same result as if the quantities were reported via EM.

With some effort, this functionality can be achieved by custom coding:

• copy & enhance the FM in EM to report quantities to TM
  • implement BAdI on TM side to process the incoming quantities, meaning:
    • fill the corresponding fields in EXECUTIONINFORMATION structure
    • modify the ITEM_TR node (fill in the actual quantities) - here you have to be careful to choose the right item; if you report quantity for a freight order, the top-level item (truck for example) is taken by default, but the discrepancy creation does not work properly for truck items (in fact, a discrepancy is created, but you don't see it in the UI and therefore can't resolve it)

Could be a good idea to put this into one of the next releases 😉

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can someone kindly respond here