cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BOM from future date, how will APO behave?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created a change number which valid date is in the future. And we created a BOM for a component with this change number. Then add this component to the BOM of finished product.

e.g.   A(fert) :  B(halb)   2015.01.01-9999.12.31

C(halb)   2016.06.01-9999.12.31

C(halb):  D(roh)    2016.06.01-9999.12.31 (valid of header is also from 2016.06.01)

What I want to understand is: will APO honor this change?  Can this change be reflected to integration model before 2016.06.01?

If not, what is the best method to reflect it in APO?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

First you must have all desired products in APO. Then you transfer by CIF the PDS as initial transfer in APO.

At PDS level you will see that the date validity of components are aligned with the ECC's dates. So, APO during the BOM explosion will respect the components dates and will create orders taking in consideration the validity dates.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius     

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

I've transferred A and B in APO.

And now I tried to transfer C to APO by CFM6. Only "Material_P" was created.  "BOM_PPDS" and "BOM_SNP" could not be modified. So only "Material_P" can be activated in CFM3.

Is my operation above right?

Thanks,

Regard, Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Use CFM1. Find your integration model for materials (use CFM5). Add your products and execute. Go in details to see if you see the desired products. Then Save or generate integration model.

The next step is to activate the generated integration model in t.code CFM2.

In APO check if the products were transferred t.code /SAPAPO/MAT1.

If all materials are in APO you perform the same steps for PDS transfer (CFM1 AND CFM2). To update the PDS, in CFM2 you have to deactivate the integration model and then activate it as initial transfer.

To update PDS in APO you can also use in ECC t.code CURTO-CREATE (complex stuff, try CFM1 and CFM2).

Thanks, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marius,

Thanks for replying.

I tried CFM5, there is only master data of C.

No data exist for the BOM.

So I could not generate the model of Material BOM.

P.S. C is a phantom in our system. And BOM of C is not valid until 2016.06.01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

The dates are not an issue!

Be sure that A,B,C and D are in APO through a CIF integration model for materials.

The C has a BOM with component D. Be sure that C is phantom in the BOM.

Then you send the BOM for C in APO. The BOM can have PDS type SNP or PPDS.

The last step is to send the PDS for parent A in APO (the PDS can be SNP or PPDS). During the transfer the C will be attached to A.

Thanks, Marius

CFM1 material:

CFM1 for BOM:  

CFM2 activate IM;

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the capture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

This change will be reflected in integration model before 2016.06.01. When you run CFM2 or CURTO_CREATE in ECC to reflect this change to APO, this change will be reflected in APO master data. Then, as Marius said APO will honor these validity dates and these new components will be picked up only for the orders planned after 2016.06.01.

Regards,

Subhash