cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass upload of Materials (articles) using MR21 via BAPI/ LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was hoping you could help me in setting up an LSMW to Mass change articles (MR21 in mass) for 10000's of materials in a Retail environment

I have now :

1. Setup the Object Attributes
    1. I went with the IDOC method using Message Type MATERIALVALUATION_PRICECHANGE and Basic Type MATERIALVALUATION_PRICECHANGE01 with periodic data transfer since we will be doing it for store by store after Stock Takes of Stores are completed
  2. Maintain Source Structure
  3. Maintain Structure Relations
    1. E1MATERIALVALUATION_PRICECH
      1. E1BP_MATVAL_PRICEDATE (Price Change Date)
      2. E1BPMGVMATNR_COPY (BAPI Structure)
      3. E1BP_MATVAL_PRICES
  4. Now I need to use a sample file and thsi is where I am stuck and need help to a simple file structure that I can convert for upload to allow me the SITE/ARTICLE/VALUATION CLASS/VALUE I woudl assume?

Any help in the format of the file and further steps I may have omitted would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a  program that uploads the new price to the material master - Future Price on Accounting 1

If it is standard with released costs, we use a costing variant to "read" Future Price,

For materials not released, we use ZCKME (custom CKME) to update  the planned price change and the Future price rolls to Standard, or MVG avg depending on Price control. It revalues inventory as it rolls.

ZCKME offers more control over selections for updating, and it provides a better report for changes made.  We also set it to default to "TEST RUN" 

PS - the lady who does the new year price updates, loves this process - much easier than MR21.

Message was edited by: Althea Madigan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesn't it usually start the other way around? you get a file with material number, plant and new price and then have to create a LSMW.

How could you already maintain step 2 and 3 and 4 in LSMW without even knowing the source file and its structure? Those steps are used to describe the source file and its fields.

As a  source file you either use a Unicode text file or a CSV file.

Both can be generated with "Save as" function from MS Excel.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think so that through LSMW you use the BAPI . Direct inpiut method also will do the same .I think that is easy for the upload as well for the price ?

Regards,