cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas - Different screens format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have a doubt I could not figure out how to solve it. Please, help me if you know how to handle such problem:

Example:

DEV Environment: A new flavor created, with a script that copy a value in the first screen and after pressed "OK" button, the value is pasted in another field in a second screen. (It works well in DEV)

QAS Environment: Doing tests in the flavor transported I noticed the script did not work, because the field that it was supposed to receive the value it was "hidden" (in a "Expand button", image attached).

So, how can I guarantee the good functioning of my script in DEV, QAS and Production environment with screens that changes their format?

*The example applies to ME21N transaction

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First of all, you have to ensure that backend configuration settings don't make the same screen look different in various environments if you want to refer to screen objects in your script.

For the above situation, you'll have to make sure your script first expands the container if it is collapsed, before using any screen elements that are part of that collapsible container. Essentially you'll have to query whether the control exists on the screen (there is an appropriate script action for this), and if it is not, then it can be assumed that currently the container is collapsed. So first you'd have to click on the "Expand" icon to make the necessary screen object to appear.

Answers (0)