cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 15.0 LMAUTO launching failed with message: Invalid number of arguments provided.

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm getting the message "Invalid number of arguments provided." when I'm try to launch the LMAUTO application service.

According to SAP Note 1891353 I've setup JAVA_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and also downloaded and extracted the sapjco3.jar (Unix x86).

I try to start the service without gui by executing the command "sh lmauto.sh --nogui". The initial password setting has finished successfully, but the launching of the service not.

From the lmauto.log I've getting this error message:
"2015 05 06 14:06:21#+0200#ERROR#com.sap.lm.auto.commands.darkmode.DarkModeExecuter#BC-LJS-DEF#anonymous#Thread-11#na#Invalid number of arguments provided."
but this doesn't help me.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem here?

kind regards
Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is solved during not using the --nogui paramter on this unix system.

Command "sh lmauto.sh" for execution is working fine.

Strange, because on another Red Hat Linux System this was working fine, but it is okay.

Thank you for your help.

kind reagrds

Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

SAP ME Scripts installation does not support non-GUI mode. So please start LM AUTO in normal (GUI) mode (without "--nogui" argument).

Thanks,

Alexander

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander

the behaviour is the same when I use the standard command. I tried both several times with the same error message.

By the way: the helptext of this tool is shwoing the "--nogui" parameter and I have used it several times without any problems.

I think I have to creat a ticket for that, according to the information of Konstantin.

thank you,

Matthias

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

This is not really ME issue but rather Lifecycle Management Automation Tool issue. I would recommend to submit a support ticket to BC-LJS-DEF as it's indicated in the error.

Regards,

Konstantin

matthias_hollstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Konstantin

thank you for the identification of this detail: BC-LJS-DEF.

I will create a ticket es soon as possible with this information.

kind regards,

Matthias