SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMF0 not updated value type 57

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

When I run FMF0 transaction is not updating the value type 57 for invoices generated by MIRO transaction. Only invoices generated by FB60 transaction are being updated.

Does anyone know what could be the problem ??

Thank you very much.

José Augusto.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi José Augusto,

I am working in your issue reported to SAP.

What I believe is important to share here in SCN (if someone has a similar issue) is that the payment document MUST update FM, otherwise FMF0 cannot find the payment document to update the invoice with value type = 57 (Paid).

Both documents (invoice and payment) must update FM tables otherwise FMF0 will not work.

One good report to use to find out this kind of inconsistencies is report RFFMS009.

If you see lines in RED this means that the posting is incorrectly updated in FM and a good first check is related to the financial transactions involved in the posting.

Each commitment item has different financial transaction and item category (FMCIA).

This combination of financial transaction and item category produces postings with different value types. Financial transactions and item category are related to the postings of the commitment items in FM document.

See the combinations that generates postings with 66, 54 and 57:

1) Postings were financial transaction is only 30 -> value type 66 (transfer)

2) Postings where financial transactions are 30 and 60 -> value type 54 (invoices)

3) Postings where financial transactions are 30 and 90  -> value type 57  (payment)

If report RFFMS009 brings any other combination (example 60 and 90), this means that the posting is NOT done in FM tables. You see this easily by FB03 -> Menu Environment - Document Environment - Accounting Documents. You must find a FM document associated with the FI document, otherwise the posting in wrong.

Please check the following menu path in help.sap.com

Public Sector Management - Funds Management - Recording Actual and
Commitment Data - Update Control - Update Control: Financial Transaction
and Value Type.

You can use FMDERIVE trace tool to help you to review the derived commitment items (read SAP Note 666322 about the trace in FMDERIVE).

To help on reviewing financial transactions, please read the consulting note below:

1466979 FM Financial transactions to be used in FI line items

Regards, Vanessa.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use enhanced FMF0 or standard one?

If it's invoice with down payment clearing you could check this note: 1564083 - RFFMS200: MM

invoices with automatic down payment clearing

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli.

Thank you for your quick response.

I am attaching a picture of OB29 screen and read the note 1564083, but my release EA-PS is 617. It does not apply to my version.

Thank you.

José Augusto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi José.

Please check the OSS below.

435328 - Analysis programs for the payment update

Regards

Jandoval Nascimento.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi José Augusto,

I am working in your issue reported to SAP.

What I believe is important to share here in SCN (if someone has a similar issue) is that the payment document MUST update FM, otherwise FMF0 cannot find the payment document to update the invoice with value type = 57 (Paid).

Both documents (invoice and payment) must update FM tables otherwise FMF0 will not work.

One good report to use to find out this kind of inconsistencies is report RFFMS009.

If you see lines in RED this means that the posting is incorrectly updated in FM and a good first check is related to the financial transactions involved in the posting.

Each commitment item has different financial transaction and item category (FMCIA).

This combination of financial transaction and item category produces postings with different value types. Financial transactions and item category are related to the postings of the commitment items in FM document.

See the combinations that generates postings with 66, 54 and 57:

1) Postings were financial transaction is only 30 -> value type 66 (transfer)

2) Postings where financial transactions are 30 and 60 -> value type 54 (invoices)

3) Postings where financial transactions are 30 and 90  -> value type 57  (payment)

If report RFFMS009 brings any other combination (example 60 and 90), this means that the posting is NOT done in FM tables. You see this easily by FB03 -> Menu Environment - Document Environment - Accounting Documents. You must find a FM document associated with the FI document, otherwise the posting in wrong.

Please check the following menu path in help.sap.com

Public Sector Management - Funds Management - Recording Actual and
Commitment Data - Update Control - Update Control: Financial Transaction
and Value Type.

You can use FMDERIVE trace tool to help you to review the derived commitment items (read SAP Note 666322 about the trace in FMDERIVE).

To help on reviewing financial transactions, please read the consulting note below:

1466979 FM Financial transactions to be used in FI line items

Regards, Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hello Vanessa.

I found a wrong derivation rule. After fix is rule, the document was correct, recording the financial transactions 30 and 60.

Thank you for your help.

José Augusto.