cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item master legal control screen - can this be tailored per person?

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have multiple countries using GTS and hence have a large number  of possible ECCN and HTS classification that need to be done.

In our company, a user would typically classify just 1 or maybe 2 legal regulations. And seeing all these options, and having to scroll down to the correct schedule is a bit annoying.

My question: is there an option to determine that person A, when logging on to this transaction, only gets to see e.g. the GB ECCN and HTS schedule and nothing else?  And person B would see e.g. the Singapore ECCN and HTS codes + the US codes.

It would sure help them when a manual classification needs to be done.

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Corinne,

Your question looks like a requirement to maintain authorizations based on the user ID.

In GTS, among other things, you can maintain authorizations for objects such as Legal Regulation and Numbering Scheme.

For each object, you define if a user can create, change, display, archive, etc... such object.

I believe that you question can be answered by setting up correclty the authorizations for the different GTS users.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

Sounds good - we will give it a try.

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are in a similar situation  but we have an additional requirement : can we have the code of the legal regulation rather than its description displayed on that screen ?

for example  :  if i have legal regulation

OZDEP -   EU Ozone depleter

or 

FRNAR - French narcotics Regulation

i can only see :

I would like at least to have the code and the description ,  or only the code .

Any idea how we can have such a display ?

Thanks a lot

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

This is a new question.

Please open a new thread for your new question and myself and other forum members will be happy to discuss it further with you.

Thanks.

Mouaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corinne,

you can also try crating variants for each user..it is more simpler than authorization changes.

Hope it helps.

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm familiar with the concept of variants, but I don't see the icon for that option on the screen. We are (still) on 8.0 - maybe this only exists in version 10 or higher? If not: what am I missing?

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

The variant is available in the selection screen.

You could enter legal regulation which relevant for you and save as variant.

Best regards,

Vincent

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Got it Vincent. I was using a different transaction, but now found the one that enables the variant set up. My colleagues will be thrilled . Thank you very much

For others that are interested: use transaction /SAPSLL/PR_PRCON_02