Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD External URL not opening as Popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently trying to display an external URL as a Popup on the POD,

but ME keeps opening it in a new Tab.

We setup a new Activity with type External URL, added a Button for this Activity on the POD and added the Activity to the Popup Layout-Area.

Still ME always opens it in a new tab, independent of the type of page (irpt or html). According to the Documentation (How To HTML Viewer) this should work.

I also noticed that in the Activity Maintenance, External URL is listed two times in the Type Selection,

i couldn't notice a difference in the behavior though.

Any idea why it is not working as expected?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi!

In ME 6.1.4.42, I've just created a new activity with External URL type (the first one, in the middle of the list) and attached it to a new button in POD. When I clicked the button, the new window opened with this link. This is an expected behavior per SAP Note 1782366.

I have not used HTML Viewer.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there any other possibility to use external Pages in a POD Popup, asides from the HTML Viewer?

That one is not really useful in this case due to the compatibility mode restrictions.

Thanks,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Recollecting the story of opening external URLs, I can say that External URL type is different from WPMF plug-in type and thus originally is not designed for opening in POD frames but rather in separate windows. And originally External URL activities were used in Activity Manager.

Thus, HTML Viewer was designed specifically for opening URLs in POD frames. And the main focus was on communication with MII. I have just tested opening HTML Viewer in Popup frame of POD and it works fine.

Unfortunately if your page has problems with drawing inside HTML View frame, then you hardly have another option.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Or you can try to create MII transaction that returns your page in form of HTML page or image (as specified by the restrictions of HTML Viewer) and then trigger this MII URL from HTML Viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy,

we will have a look into it.

Br,

Christian

Answers (0)