cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM proc. active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In material master,QM view, there is a checkbox called "QM proc. active". What is the functionality of this field? Actually QM Control key is used to control the functions related to procurement, according to that setting quality info record would be created then what does this checkbox does? when i unchecked this checkbox, gave control key and tried to save then system is only giving me a warning message that '

QM procurement is not active, but QM procurement data has been maintained' .

So if i am allowing to save my material without checking this checkbox then what is the use of this field?? Will it impact anywhere at a later stage? Please clarify.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

This key acts as a global parameter and not specific to only one 'Plant" for the same material.

Please go through the discussion by and in the attached link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2140351

Thanks to all original contributors for the attached thread!! Hopefully you will get the clue you are looking for.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

Thank you for your reply.

So basically Selecting the checkbox just means that every plant must select a control key once it has been activated. Please correct me if i am wrong .

former_member42743
Active Contributor

Yes.  The check box "QM  in procurement" is a client level setting.  Even though it appears on plant views, if any plant turns it on or off they do so for ALL plants.  As a result, if it's required for one plant, then ALL plants must select a control key. It is why in many places you'll see control key Z000 which has no activities activated for it.  This is then used by plants that do not want to use QM in procurement functions but share the material with a plant that does use QM in procurement functions.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Its a new information for me because i was also thinking what is the benefit of using Z000 control key. Thank you for sharing this useful information.

Regards,

shikha

asinthabandara
Discoverer

Thank you!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

QM proc.key is used for Supplier Inspection activites & it is also called as Source Inspection.

With help of this key,you can do block the vendor & maintaina validation for certificates while doing MIGO.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arunkumar,

So basically it's integrated with the control key functions.

Thanks!