Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting LOGGING_SYNC consideration

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to enable successful synchronous message logging. In that case, I want to set LOGGING_SYNC parameter. But, "Setting LOGGING_SYNC is not recommended to reduce processing overhead".

Is there any items to check or to put into consideration before setting LOGGING_SYNC? What is really the danger of setting LOGGING_SYNC?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Suwadi,

One side effect of this will be to increase the load on the database. The amount of data that is stored in the DB depends on the number of message versions. The more log versions there are the more data is created within the SXMSCLUP table.

Regards

Eoin

philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eoin

Old question, but just in case somebody comes across this today:

I would say the point is not database size, but as mentioned in the original question the "processing overhead", means the time spent persisting the message. For sync scenarios, when e.g. a user is waiting for a response, every second can count.

Size wise it isn't relevant, or at least nothing more than logging of async messages.

Philippe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor

Hi Suwandi,

Hope this helps,

Thanks and regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

I agreed with mr.Eoin mentioned above. if you set Logging_sync to 1 then your database tables are grow very quickly, if database quickly filled then you need to set your system retention period should be decreased.

It is not commended to set on Production systems. you can set into your QA system for your verifications.

Thanks
Sateesh

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

You can also refer the following links for similar query:

Regards,

Azhar