cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS Availibility Control on CO Order connected with WBS Element

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some Problems with availbility control on SAP PS.

We use SAP PS Projects with one root wbs element and a some underlying wbs elements. We are budgeting these wbs elements.

For detailed accouting we use internal orders. These internal orders are connected to wbs elements.

Now we want to use availibilty control. We face the Problem that the availibilty control does not work on our internal orders.

Example:

CJ20N : Project Definition and wbs elemtens

- created Project A, wbs element w1 as root element and w2 as child element to w1

CJ30 : Budgeting

- put 100€ to w1 and w2

CJBV

KO04 : internal order o1

- created internal order and reference wbs element to w1

ME51N : create a purchase Requisition with Price of 200

- account assingment category: order --> o1

When I save the purchase requisition I would expect a error message that there is not enough budget. But there is no message.

The availbiltity controls works fine if the internal order does not reference the wbs element.

I have checked the internal order (that reference the wbs element) and availibity control is not active. But I can't activate it manually. When I try to set Budget to internal order o1 SAP said that the Budget is control by wbs element.

How can I activate availibility control on internal orders conneted with wbs elements?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Both are costing objects.WBS plays the same role in PS the way internal order is playing in CO.

Could you kindly help me in analysing you rsituation pls?

What type of order type  & Objcet class for internal order you are using and what type of object class for Project?

I hope  its not possible to budget if we use WBS elelemnt in internal order.Because budget for this internal order will flow directly from WBS element.

Regards,

Pardhu

0 Kudos

order type: 01

Project type: investment

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you check with internal order type 0600 - Internal orders:Investment?

Reagrds,

Pardhu

0 Kudos

I think the internal order type is not the Problem.

Budget Profile for this internal order is set and the activation type for availibility control is set to 1.

How can I activate the availibility control on this internal order?

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am just thinking of assignment of budget profile to order types.

I think system will not check the availability for internal order if it is assigned to WBS element.

It will only check the WBS element budget.

Regards,

Pardhu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you check the config settings of SPRO-->CONTROLLING-->INTERNAL ORDERS-->BUDGET & AVAILABILITY CONTROL-->DEFINE TOLERANC ELIMITS TO AVAILABILITY CONTROL

and also check SET UP AVAILABILITY CONTROL AGAIN here you need to set up with respect to "Internal Order type"

Reagrds,

Pardhu

0 Kudos

- tolerance Limits are defined

- set up availilibity control again --> I've done this a lot of times

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Henning,

check if you have provided tolerance limit for activity group 02 and 05 in config. Suggest you to put tolerance limit for activity group - ++ and then check availability control after running CJEN followed by CJBN  for your project

Regards,

Kalpesh Agrawal

0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

I've set the tolerance Limit for activity Group 02 and 05 but availibility control did not work.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

You are provide the Budget with the Tcode : CJ30 but not released the budget.

So, Release the budget with the Tcode : CJ32. After that try the PR.

With regards,

Uttam Maity

0 Kudos

Hi Uttam,

I've released the Budget.

Availibility control on internal order is still not working.

Regards

Henning