cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEM: prerequisites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EEM experts,

we would like to set up EEM in Service Provider scenario.

Is it possible to set up one central client with which all the productive systems of different customers will be monitored via EEM?

Should all the productive systems be accessed without SAP Router on this client in order to configure the appropriate scripts?

Which SAP GUI version (7.30 vs. 7.40) should be used on this client?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to set up one central client with which all the productive systems of different customers will be monitored via EEM?

Not a practice and it should not be done like this.

I believe, every client should use it's own solman system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

What is with other prerequisites?

Should this client have direct access to all the systems wihout SAP Router in order to set up the roboter scripts?

Which SAP GUI should be installed on the client (730 or 7.40)?

Thank you!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe, Yes we need direct access and  730 and 740 both should be supported with higher patch lavels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Many thanks!

Are there some best practices how (with which time intervalls) the scripts should run?

Is it possible for instance to define the monitoring intervalls (every 10/20/30 minutes of the hour) for

1) log in into sap system

2) execute tcode XY

3) and log of

And the alert should only come:

only after 2 failed atemps of step 2

Thank you!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It won't go by the hour it will run every 10 mins/ every 20 mins/ every 30 mins until you stop them or the agent is turned off; also keep in mind that if your script takes time to complete the robot is going to kick off the next run and won't care if the first variation is still running in the system.

When you record your script via SAP GUI it will NOT capture your logon and you do NOT want to log off; when you import the vbs script into the EEM Editor it will prompt you for the login (unsure if ending the recording or the import into the editor adds the log off, never had a reason to verify it personally).  I currently have a EEM script that navigates into VA01 and clicks through the tabstrip and then cancels the order for the sold to party and logs off the system.

I don't think you can alert off a multiple failure of a step, you can based on how long it takes to complete yellow/red statuses, what do you need to be alerted for a 2 failed attempts of the transaction execution?