cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type while transfer from fica to fico

Former Member
0 Kudos

What we have observed is that we post a payment using payment lot (FP05), The FI document generated at the end of the process (checked in FB03) is of document type MC. However when we post a payment using FPE1 t-code (using main and sub: 0600/0010), the FI document created at the end of the process is a MN.

What we want to find out is how is the system understanding whether to select MN or MC document type at the FI entry stage for the FICA postings that we are creating? And secondly, how can we control this, so that we can get MC document type being used for the FI entry for 0600/0010 payment that we are posting manually in FICA using FPE1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Payment Lot Document Type, you define it in "Define Default  values for Payment Lot", under the config path "Process Incoming and outgoing payments" in FICA.

The Transfer to GL summarises postings by GL Account, Profit Center/Cost Center, Business Area, Posting date and posts with doc type maintained in the config path Amlan has mentioned.

You cannot see the FICA document types directly in FI-GL.

However there are a series of Reconciliation Tcodes, one which is FPG5, that can be used to reconcile/link FI-GL documents to FICA documents.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree we cannot see the document types directly in FI-GL, but my main requirement is that whenever, we recieve the payment via FPE1 at that time document type will be AB right?

But, after the trasfer of this recieved payment to GL via FPG1 this amount or say this should pick document type MC and not MN.

I hope you got my point.

Appreciate for earlier as well as in advance for suggestion.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Amesar.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm curious as to why they are using FPE1 to post payments.

Its supposed to be used for Miscellaneous Debits and Credits.

It's quite possible that  the main/sub transactions  they are using might not be configured to post to the desired Bank Clearing account. If this is the case, then they arr understating incoming payments, and will have Reconciliation issues.

If they use FP05 (payment lot), which you can configure to default as "MC" for the default document type for payments, then you can post an over-payment on account, which will have Doc type MC.

For GL transfers, it will always summarize all postings and post/transfer to GL using the Doc Type in the config path that Amlan had mentioned earlier.

Overpaymenst can be identified with Main/Sub  0060/0010, and you can report on them by date range using report FPO4.

Regards,

Ivor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , check if you have implemented event 0061 , here you can change the sample function module isu_allocation_event_0061  to suit  your own requirement.Here  the by  G/L document type can be changed by changing c_fkkko_cus-hbbla.For example you can read the orgin key HERKF which is different for different transaction and can assign a different transfer doc type to each.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To configure the preferred Document Type for Payment Lots, use the following configuration path :

Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->

Business Transactions->Processing incoming and Outgoing payments->

Define default values for Payment Lot

There you can specify the desired Document Type (assuming it has already been defined as a FI-CA Document Type).

If you are new to FICA, I suggest you purchase the SAP Ebook for FICA configuration. It shows you the basics of FICA configuration, and is not too expensive.

Regards,

Ivor

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Going through your various post, I think there is a substitution rule assigned which is changing the document type.

Check transaction code OBBH and see if there is a substitution rule assigned against the document header.

Also check event 940.

Thanks,

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I just checked the transaction code as said by you, but there it is blank i.e, nothing has been defined.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Amesar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For mapping of FICO document type, you can refer OBA7 and for your particular requirement you can check out event 0061. For further information refer - Refer FPE1 field documentation of field - Tfr Doc. Type (FPE1 - Field FKKKO-HBBLA).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paresh

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following SPRO Config-

IMG--->Financial Accounting--->Contract Account A/R & A/P--->Integration-->General Ledger Accounting-->Define Posting Specifications for General ledger Transfer.

Also Check Event 982

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your promt reply.

As aforesaid, I followed the path, but there we have defined as "MN".

I want to ask here that if I change to MC here, then will it pick document type MC for every transfer or transaction?

In nutshell client wants to make it easy to recognize the payment which is recieved in advance from the customer.

(MN = Accounting Document)

(MC = FICA Payment Lot)

So, can you tell me where we can change MC, or can you tell where i can see this MC is assigned?

Appreciate in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Amesar.