cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert not reaching sometimes to the Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with my alert configuration in single stack  PI 7.4. I can see the Alert gets consumed in the Job status, but I am not able to see in my mail id.

And this is not always..Today 1 processed almost 15 error messages and I received only one mail. In below screen shot 7 alerts are captured by the Job,but no mails on it.Please help.Is mails anywhere got struck ?

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin

I face the same issue which you faced.

In our system (PO 7.4) , alerts were consumed successfully, but we did not get any e-mail.

I tried with AggregateAlerts Property set it true / false. In both cases we did not get mail, but in the Job log it says <X> alerts were consumed successfully.

Could you please tell me how you fixed the issue?

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you enable the check boxes for Aggregate alerts and suppress alerts? If so disable them and check...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I don't have the option in my PI 7.3  .Alerts to mail limit set to '1'.ALERT-TO-MAIL also given.

I have doubt on this.I have set '3' minutes as interval for Job. I just want to know whether if error occurred immediately before the next job running only trigger mails or anything like that. Because I just got one mail for the error message.But not always for all cases am getting mail.

Note : I am sending the same payload with same error only.

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

By default aggregation is enabled for AlertConsumerJob, there is no option for disable. check below SAP Note.

1970993 - Adding AggregateAlerts property to AlertConsumerJob

So if you have 15 errors in the system for same error then only one mail will be sent by the system but the job read all the alerts from the consumer queue.

Symptom

There is no possibility to disable the alert aggregation when the AlertConsumerJob is used.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I can find aggregate option in PI 7.4.But Aggregate is not found in PI 7.3 .

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin,

Yes this option is only available from PI 7.31 SP08 and PI 7.4 SP03, I think your 7.3 system is below SP08.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the limitation in 7.3 but not in 7.4. So i believe you don't have much to do there..