Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIle Stone Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

1. In Mile stone billing what are the settings that I should make

2. How I can make Ware house management active?

Regards

Kedar. s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kedar,

The SAP system uses two billing plans –

<b>Milestone billing:</b> is a final billing in full at a particular milestone, according to items sold or services rendered. Example – project milestone.

<b>Periodic billing:</b> uses a pre-defined date proposal that bills the customer at periodic intervals. Example – rental billing.

Menu path – IMG – sales and distribution – billing – billing plan – define billing plan types.

The difference between Milestone Billing & Periodic Billing can be described as follows – milestone billing bills an amount distributed between dates until the total value is billed, whereas periodic billing bills a total amount for each date until a predefined end date is reached.

The only settings required here are the start date, usually set as today’s date, the date category, the online order indicator, which determines if the system has to create automatic billing deadlines and the overview screen.

<b>Warehouse Management -</b>

Warehouse management is a seperate module in itself that needs to be implemented inorder to get complete functionality of a warehouse. But if you are talking about activating Lean Warehouse Management, pls find the details below -

<b>Step 1:</b> While configuring Enterprise Structure objects - Define a warehouse number and Assign it to a combination of Plant/Storage location.

<b>Step 2:</b> Inorder to make a Lean Warehouse active you need to define atleast one storage type. Path: SPRO - Logistics Execution - Shipping - Picking - Lean WM - Define Storage Type.

A warehouse number is subdivided into a variety of storage types. A storage type is defined by its physical or organizational features (for example, high rack storage area, bulk storage, goods receipt areas).

Before you can implement Lean WM, you must configure the following settings:

1. Assign a (newly defined) storage location to a warehouse number.

2. You should set up at least three storage types:

- a storage type (that will be used as a source storage type) with

one or several fixed storage bins

- a goods issue area (as destination storage type) for deliveries

- an interim storage area for differences

<b>Step 3:</b> Finally, inorder make the warehouse you defined earlier active as a lean warehouse...............go to Path: SPRO - Logistics Execution - Shipping - Picking - Lean WM - Define control parameters and number ranges of warehouse no. where you can activate a lean warehouse.

<b>Reward if helps</b>

Regards

Sai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kedar,

Ware house activiti can be activated:

1. by assigning Plant-+storage location - warehouse no

2. by making a item category revelant for picking.

you can do rest of config in SPRO-F5-LE-Warehouse management- Confirmations. I dnt think as a SD consultant we will require to do more this config in Warehouse. if you want i have sme notes hwich i can forward on Warehouse.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you pls forward to the following

fico.gibson@gmai.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kedar,

Pl go thr below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/31/03953401024735e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Reward if it helps

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Milestone Billing:

This is actual billing, which is done on completion of an activity or difined milestone. This will create accounting entries & is an factual invoice. This is an scenario itself in SD.

1. To create mile stone billing. You need to have a sales order.

After craeting project and mile stone you need to go to sales order and assign the WBS in account assignment. It will prompt if you want to copy the mile stone from the WBS. Then copy the

mile stone from project to sales order. On confrmation i.e. enter finish date in project milestone the

mile stone in sales order automatically get due for billing (billing block is removed) Do billing with respect to salesorder. In you case try to configure the quoataion to billing plan an see if billing can be done.

<b>**REWARD IF THIS HELPS**</b>

Regards

AK