cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP backup using netbackup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using Symantec Netbackup for backup.

I am currently using RMAN to backup SAPonline.

On netbackup, how can i use BRtools to backup SAP offline or online?

My SAP DBsize is 1.6 TB. What shall be the expected size using BRTOOLS for backup?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavisht,

check the below link, hope it will suits for you.

Regards

Balaji

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SR,

Hope your issue has already been resolved,if not then you could refer SAP Note  1986958 - Common issues / Configuration recommendations for Symantec NetBackup for SAP HANA

For particular issue during configurations of Veritas Netbackup with SAP please share the log files to support you well.

If resolved please close the thread.

Good luck !!

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also refer to BC-BRI BACKINT Interface for Oracle Databases to obtain more information and contact your vendor for further assistance on setup and configuration of the backup tool.

http://scn.sap.com/community/oracle -> Key Topics -> Backup and Recovery

Regards,

Bíborka

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Brtools can work with netbackup via backint interface. However how to achieve this, you may need to contact netbackup.

Best regards,
James

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gavisht,

Follow as suggest by Biborka... first you have check the vendor to configure to run the backup.

You have to set the configuration setup in init<sid>.sap , init.utl,initutl1.. etc.. then you can run the backup as you like offlline or on-line whole database backup. if your database base size is 1.5 is not any issue the storage will be compressed method and storage team will take care of those. and you have to maintain the frequency to run the incremental backup and full backup as per you requirement and retention period can be set as per you requirement.

You can use brtools to run the database for more details the following link will help you

Command Options for BRBACKUP

let us know if you need more details on this..

Thanks,

BM

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SR,

On netbackup, how can i use BRtools to backup SAP offline or online?

Yes you could use brtools to backup both offline & online just by modifying the scripts with the netbackup (You could locate these under /usr/openv/netbackup/......) .

Good luck !!

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to below SAP Notes to obtain more information regarding the third party vendor products certified on SAP BACKINT for backups of Oracle databse:

83792 - SAP partners who support BACKINT/SPLITINT interface
909111 - Third Party Vendor Products certified on SAP BACKINT
668610 - Backint for Oracle certifications and OS Platforms

I would like to recommend you to contact your backint vendor for further assistance on setup and configuration of the backup tool. Please also check with the backint vendor for compatibility on the third party product version with BR*Tools and Oracle.

Best regards,

Bíborka