cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem debugging a Portal / ABAP Bex connectivity error

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has got me really frustrated, but I am having a problem with connectivity between a Portal and a BW ABAP system.

The Log is showing "BI exception with class "ConnectionException" and message "No connection exists for system "BWDCLNT100"" when I execute a BEX query

The frustrating part is that I have verified everything as in NW73 Automatically Configuring BI Java, but it's still not working....

1) On the BW ABAP side, I have maintained the Portal Server Settings (RSPOR_T_PORTAL):

** The BWD_AUSAPBWDEV01_BID RFC connection defined in the BWD ABAP system pings correctly

2) I have the Portal RFC connections defined and they both ping successfully.

** There is also a SAP_BW RFC connection defined.

** The BWD_AUSAPBWDEV01_BID connection defined in the Portal also pings correctly.

3) I also have the System Landscape setup, and both the System and it's alias pass the connectivity tests:

Any idea what I'm missing ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

With help of SAP NW Diagnostics & support desk tool you can check the over all connectivity from portal to BI system.

937697 - Usage of SAP NetWeaver BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool

BR

SS

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks SS,

I'm not allowed to deploy stuff on this system, so I had kind of given up on the BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool tool, because I'd forgotten it came preinstalled on the 7.31 java systems !!

As you can see, lots of red lights to work through, but at least I've got something to work on.

thanks

Answers (0)