Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ Configuration

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to included the PO systems ( which are completely java systems ) to our CTS system which is solution manager system.

The requirement is to have a different transport directory for PO systems as we should not disturb the existing transport directory.

I mean, Currently CTS system is having /usr/sap/trans is the trans directory for few of the systems ( Included ABAP and Java systems) and domain is SOLMAN_1.

Now the requirement is to configure PO systems with /usr/sap/trans2 directory with new domain SOLMAN_2 with in the solman system.

Can you please let me know is this is possible if yes kindly share the document to perform it.

I really appreciate your help here.

Thanks

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepanshu,

I have completely implemented the CTS+ for PO landscape with solution manager system. Could you please let me know how to use new transport directory and group for only PO systems.

Note : My remaining systems should have the same trans directory which they are having currently ( I mean old one)

Can you please let me know is it possible ? If yes please share any document.

Thanks

Pavan

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have attempted this with BOBJ and it does not work, when I brought it up in E2E200 the reasoning is that tp/r3trans need to be able to look to the same spot for the transports.  So its not a limitation of CTS+ as a tool, but more the params for SolMan.  If someone on the SCN has accomplished this, I would also be interested in knowing about it as I don't like PI/BOBJ systems throwing their transports in the same dirs that I put SolMan transports.

I can confirm that even though it dumps the files in the same locations, it does created a subdirectory named the same as the transport ID to make things a little less polluted.

former_member339060
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone please share your inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan, I assume that's possible. I have giving you two links below I hope they should help you. http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ccd0ec-2839-2b10-0097-828fcd8ed... http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30177 Cheers, Deepanshu