cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in SLD JCO connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have made a webdynpro project, which needs to access ABAP system(by calling an RFC) to get some information. I am able to deploy this project, but when i am going to establish a JCO connection at http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome<Web Dynpro Content Administrator<JCO Connections tab, all fields remain disable, because of that i am not able to make any change there, and even logged into Web Dynpro Content Administrator,from only "Check SLD Connection" button is being enabled while there are three more button. When i am checking for SLD connection, its giving some error, that is "Connection to SLD could not be opened successfully".

Even when i Logged into Visual Adminstrator to check whether all parameters for this SLD connection is correct or not, i saw one error message there in Visual Administrator<Services<SLD Data Supplier, it was like <b>SLD_Collector_Task</b> with error symbol. Is there some problem with my Java Engine.

Please help me to solve these problems.

Regards,

Ganpati Jha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

refer this blog for configuration of SLD,

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak

also for more info

/thread/146517 [original link is broken]

To create JCO destination see this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/creating...

regards,

abhijeet

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope it helps and give the point if so.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

these buttons are desactivated since there is no connection to SLD.

Solution:

launch the visual administrator (under ...j2ee/admin/ : go or go.bat depending on your platform).

then :

server -> services -> SLD data supplier :

in HTTP setting enter the actual Host name (or whatever , including the domaine if you have) in the port insert the used port to connect to J2ee machine : 50000 if instance number = 00)

user = SLDDUSER (default if you did not change it )

pass : pass of this user.

same thing in the CIM client generation settings.

the above information is the one of your SLD you want to connect to, and get the needed information.

Once you've done this and the connection working (to chech by connecting to SLD : http://<host holding sld>:<port: 50000 for instance>/sld. connect and you have to see you system registred) once it is done you will have your buttons actived and you can create and maintain JCO connections.

Regards.

Lakhdar Mourad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Your basis admin shud be able to give you the role to create/modify a JCO destination , that may solve your problem.

or else try posting your question again in this following forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganpati,

I had a similar problem. And i reinstalled the server.

Please have a look at the below link

regards

Anil Dichpally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganpati,

start and stop the engine once.

It happens when the engine is trying to get some data and not getting it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram,

I have already tried for it, but these problems are still there.

I guess, some congiguration is required in SLD as well as in Visual Administrator,

but i don't know wht to do exactly.

If possible, please help me.

Regards,

Ganpati Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganpati,

The user which you are using to login might not have SLD administrator right.

If not then assign the necessary rights to the user and then try to do SLD settings.

Just to check whether SLD works try login using administrator user id and password. ANd then try creating JCO connection.