cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse PGR with WM, in EHP6

0 Kudos

We are currently upgrading to Version 6, EHP6, and have an issue when performing reversal of goods receipt for PO. We use WM (not EWM).

Previously we could use MIGO with reference to either the inbound delivery or PO to create the 102 movement. Now we get error VLA314. I have read note 1050944, and am considering doing an enhancement to change this Error to a Warning, but would like to know if there are other options.

Below is an example of our scenario:

Inbound delivery created with 4 lines

MaterialA - qty 10

MaterialB - qty 10

MaterialC - qty 10

MaterialD - qty 10

Receiving TO created for all items on the inbound delivery to the ID point, and confirmed.

Inbound delivery is posted for all items. Material document created.

Putaway TO created for all items on the inbound delivery to the bins, and confirmed.

Now business needs to reverse MaterialA - qty 2

We are unable to use VL09 in this case, as it is likely that the other materials on the inbound delivery (MaterialB, C, and D) have been shipped out to customers, so we no longer have the stock.

I would appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As GR reversals should not be common events the easiest solution would be to temporarily adjust the stock back into the system to allow the use of VL09.

If you pull a positive balance from 999/lost&found and clear the negative with LI21 you can do your GR reversal and post new GR for the correct qty. Then when you have posted the new GR you can simply put the same stock that was adjusted up back into 999 and clear it, adjustment back down.

The end result will be a corrected GR and offsetting adjustments from 999 (no net change in overall stock value other then the difference in the GR qty because the stock adjusted up will be adjusted back down after the new GR).

Simple approach for one off scenario

0 Kudos

The clearing you suggest can cause us issues because we have outputs based on our movements which go to outside parties. I agree this will result in corrected stock, but those outputs will generate additional issues for us.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you misunderstood OSS note 1050944.

It did not at all restrict an earlier functionality, contrary it fixed an error in the status update.

And it gave you the option to switch the message from error to warning without doing any enhancement.

0 Kudos

If that is the case, then I am not seeing how our pre-EHP6 functionality has been restricted. I have tested in an environment without the EHP6 upgrade and it works OK using MIGO.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you did not say from which release you are upgrading, the function to use MIGO was already there with 600.

It further explained that the message is coming as error after certain support packages have been implemented.

Just follow the given path in the note to switch it to warning and you should have the same function as before

0 Kudos

We are upgrading from SAP ECC 6.0, which allows us to use MIGO to perform this type of reversal.

Unless someone suggest another alternative, we will proceed with the small enhancement to change this Error to a Warning. (Some of the other VLA3** messages allow this without enhancement, but VLA314 requires a small change).

Thanks for your quick responses!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really don't know why you insist to use an enhancement if SAP clearly explains where in customizing you need to do what.

0 Kudos

The note says we can customize some of the errors in that area to make them ‘informational’ but unfortunately, it is not the case with VLA 314 ‘Item relevant for WM’. The code is not allowing to be able to customize this message, however, we can add a little enhancement and make it work. It’s an easy fix, I just wanted to ask if there was another process we should consider before making this change.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okay, now I got it.