Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT in PLM Web UI

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I need to hide Edit button in the Display Engineering Record screen.So that users who have Display access to ER are not allowed to make changes to Engineering record.

Kindly advise on what is the best way to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards

Jo Pz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

it is enough if you remove the authorization object S_SCMG_CAS with value MODI and S_SRMSY_CL with 34 (Write) from the users role. You can take a look on the template role: SAP_PLMWUI_ECR_DISPLAY2

If you hide the button in WebDynpro then it will be hidden for every user except you do some hardcoding but it is not recommended.

Best regards

Tamas

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I tried as you mentioned but when I try create an Engineering Record I get the following error message in SU53 error

Authorization check failed

ate 05/07/2015 Time 09:25:33 Web Dynpro Application /PLMU/WDA_ECR_APP_OIF

Authorization Obj. S_SCMG_CAS Case Management: Case

Authorization Field CASETYPE   Case Type                                               ENGR

Authorization Field SCMG_ACT   Activity for authorization check                                        MODI

Authorization Field SCMG_KEY   Case: Key for Authorization Check (Dynamically Created)                      <Dummy>

Authorization Field SCMG_LVL   Authorization level                                                          <Dummy>

Authorization Field SCMG_ROLE  Case: Role of User Compared to Current Object                                P

Authorization Field SPS_ID     Element Type ID                                                              /PLMI/ECR_SPS_CASE

Kindly advise.

Jo

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

sure you get an error message by creation as to create an engineering record you also need change rights.

I do not know the exact requirements but there could be 3 type of users with 3 different roles:

- display user (display rights) -> not allowed to create and change as per your request

- create user (create, change, display rights)

- change user (change, display rights)

Having a user who can create but not change is not possible.

Best regards

Tamas

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

but if they only have Display authorization, they can actually not do any edits and save them?

Ulf.

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thank you for the quick response.This User has been set with the ability to Create and Display ER only. I have removed the Change ER option from the Menu, I would like to hide the EDIT button so that the User cannot change any information in the ER once its been created.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards

Jo