cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Migration Tool javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to run the SAP MII migration tool I get the following error. I can’t really tell if this is coming from the new v15 server or local machine but I tried two machines (laptop and MII 11.5 server). I can see the tool does make a connection to the server and believe the message is coming from the server. Everything I find in forums seem to point to NW AS, Java CLASSPATH or SAP XML Toolkit. Error: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found Example: trying to only migrate scheduler jobs Tue May 05 09:46:30 CDT 2015 Version 14.0.0 Build(3) Tue May 05 09:46:30 CDT 2015 Starting Migration... Tue May 05 09:46:30 CDT 2015 PROPERTIES [server=http://sapxmii.company.com,username=username,password=*******,configdir=C:\LocalStorage\Support\SAP\...] Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 --------------------------------------------------------------- Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Security migration is disabled Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 --------------------------------------------------------------- Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Configuration migration is disabled Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 --------------------------------------------------------------- Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Template migration is disabled, no project data migrating Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 --------------------------------------------------------------- Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Xacute migration is disabled, no project data migrating Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 --------------------------------------------------------------- Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Web migration is disabled, no project data migrating Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 --------------------------------------------------------------- Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Scheduled jobs migrating from C:\LocalStorage\Support\SAP\MII\LCCAS290\Lighthammer/Scheduler Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Processing directory Scheduler Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Processing file C:\LocalStorage\Support\SAP\MII\Lighthammer\Scheduler\Auto_Collect_TRX_4_Chain.xml Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Error processing file C:\LocalStorage\Support\SAP\MII\Lighthammer\Scheduler\Auto_Collect_TRX_4_Chain.xml, javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Processing file C:\LocalStorage\Support\SAP\MII\Lighthammer\Scheduler\Auto_Set_Targets.xml Tue May 05 09:46:31 CDT 2015 Error processing file C:\LocalStorage\Support\SAP\MII\Lighthammer\Scheduler\Auto_Set_Targets.xml, javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems the issue is resolved for me.

I copied "xercesImpl.jar" and "xalan.jar" to the migration tool folder and in the "migrate.bat" file, i added the 2 jar files in the class path

The entry in the migrate.bat files looks as below:

@java -Xmx256M -cp "XMII.jar;xercesImpl.jar;xalan.jar;sap.com~xapps~xmii~common~xmii_common_deploy.jar;commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar;commons-logging.jar;logging.jar;frog.jar;" com.sap.xmii.migration.Main %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6

The tool is running now and files seem to be migrating successfully. Fingers crossed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this worked for me but I also had to add serializer.jar to the folder and the path

@java -Xmx256M -cp "XMII.jar;xercesImpl.jar;xalan.jar;serializer.jar;sap.com~xapps~xmii~common~xmii_common_deploy.jar;commons-httpclient- 2.0.2.jar;commons-logging.jar;logging.jar;frog.jar" com.sap.xmii.migration.Main %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears I am experiencing the same issue.  I downloaded the files and placed them in the same folder location as the Migration.bat is and I modified the batch file.  I still get the same error even though I killed the app and restarted it.  Do you have any advice?

Error during migration, Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

All I did was download xercesImpl.jar,xalan.jar and serializer.jar from xerces.apache.org.

I then added the three files to the migration folder and edited the migrate.bat to include the files.

Originally I had to upgrade my Java client to run the tool but that's it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of the files do I download.  Where do I put them?  Do I extract the files into the Migration folder?  The migration folder I have been thinking is the folder that has the migration.bat file since the other jar files are there. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded version 2.11.0. I extracted the files to a separate folder then copied xercesImpl.jar, xalan.jar, and serializer.jar to the migration folder which is the same as migration.bat. Don't forget to edit the migtation.bat file and add these new files to the path as seen above.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Did you run the migration test? Are you sure you are using migration tool for 15.0?

Swaroop Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a similar issue while migrating from MII 11.5 to 15. The MII system is 15 SP3 and the migration tool being used is SP3 for MII 15.

Tue May 05 03:57:59 CDT 2015 Error during migration, Provider for class javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory cannot be created

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider for class javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory cannot be created

at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.findServiceProvider(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.lhcommon.util.FactoryManager.getDocumentBuilderFactory(FactoryManager.java:109)

at com.sap.lhcommon.util.FactoryManager.getBuilder(FactoryManager.java:84)

at com.sap.lhcommon.util.FactoryManager.createXMLDocumentBuilderFactory(FactoryManager.java:34)

at com.sap.lhcommon.xml.XMLHandler.createDocumentBuilderFactory(XMLHandler.java:69)

at com.sap.lhcommon.xml.XMLHandler.getDocument(XMLHandler.java:420)

at com.sap.xmii.migration.migrating.TemplateMigrator.getDefaultProperties(TemplateMigrator.java:258)

at com.sap.xmii.migration.migrating.TemplateMigrator.<init>(TemplateMigrator.java:44)

at com.sap.xmii.migration.migrating.Migrator.run(Migrator.java:130)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Provider for class javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory cannot be created

... 11 more

Caused by: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found