cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated configuration Failure: Does mapping get reexecuted when message is restarted?

anu_patyath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

A Quick clarification is requested.

If a message processing using integrated configuration(ICO's) in advanced adapter engine  fails at the last step( after mapping but fails during call receiver adapter step) does restarting the message start from Step 1 of pipeline or does it restart from the failed step?

In our scenario message mapping got executed but due to receiver adapter failure message failed.

Now we are confused whether restarting the message would cause it to start from step 1 of the SAP PI pipeline steps thus re executing the mapping .

As we have some time based data we dont want mapping to be reexecuted but only the message to be processed further.

As the scenario is an integrated configuration in AAE we are confused whether restarting the message will cause the message mapping to be rexecuted?

Can you please help to throw some light on it?

Thanks

Anu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

The link which Raghu mentioned above which states below.

If a message is not delivered, the last saved message version is used for an automatic restart. If the time limit for an automatic restart has been exceeded and the message has the status Not Delivered, you can use each saved message version for a manual restart.

The message restarted from last saved message, that means mapping will be executed again (The default value for staging is MS = 3 mean between receiver determination and mapping).

And i tested this in my system here is the audit log shows mapping executed on retry.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anu_patyath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the prompt response.

With your help i was able to understand this.

Thanks

Anu

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anu,

It is depends on staging setting maintained in system. Please check setting in NWA.

Saving Message Versions in the AAE (Local Message Processing) - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Librar...