cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts Migration from Maxdb to HANA S/4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a ECC6 ehp6 isascs 6.6 maxdb server of db size 75 gig  need to build a Development server to be migratedo s/4 hana could any one could let me know how long will it take and the steps for the migration .

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how relevant it is but have a look at the open.sap course on ABAP on HANA:

ABAP Development for SAP HANA - Dr. Jasmin Gruschke and Jens Weiler

It will help you investigate what effort is required for your custom coding

Week 1: Getting Started

The first week is dedicated to getting you on board and introducing technical concepts and architecture information, primarily from an ABAP developer’s point of view. As well as the important concepts of ABAP development for SAP HANA, there will be an introduction to the development tools.

Week 2: ABAP Coding – Where to Optimize?

What happens when you migrate coding to SAP HANA? This and related questions are answered in the second week of this course. There are a large variety of tools available in AS ABAP to detect and analyze ABAP coding, for example, to ensure functional correctness and to analyze performance. You’ll learn about guided performance analysis tools and optimized components like the well-known ABAP List Viewer, which have been enhanced to dramatically improve performance.

Week 3: ABAP Coding – Ready, Set, Optimize!

Having learned about where to optimize ABAP coding, this week is dedicated to introducing the new features and capabilities of AS ABAP 7.4, with special emphasis on database-oriented programming. Beside the Open SQL enhancements, you’ll learn about advanced view definition capabilities by means of Core Data Services.

hth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

I am not sure about the SAP HANA S/4, before getting in to HANA S/4 check the current business modules are fit to SAP HANA S/4 DB.

Refer the SCN thread about the SAP HANA S/4

BR

SS