Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Order Personnel Responsible

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I need to display the number or name of the personnel responsible of a work order, but looks that this information is not coming from the backend on the standard app, there's any config or something I can do to get it or i will need to create a new bapi or something to get it?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manuel.

Work Manager is designed to download the work assigned to you, the technician, so the information would normally just be that users information and redundant since they are the ones using the device.

--Bill

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill, thank you for your reply.

In this case, I'm getting the orders by Work Center, not by person responsible, so, not all the orders are assigned to me.

Do you know if there's any "easy" way to add it?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manuel,

If you have person responsible why would you not just download by that instead of work center?

--Bill

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Because managers want to know the work orders that are in their team, so, technicians are downloading by personnel responsible (their own orders), and managers are downloading by Work Center (technicians under his/her management and own orders).

We deployed 2 apps, one for managers by Work Center, and one for technicians by personnel responsible.

Now, to give more information to the managers, we need to add who is the responsible of a particular order when the app is configured by Work Center. With that information there, we will maybe add a filter too, so they can filter and know who have pending orders or things like that.

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

So I will assume there is no BAPI getting this information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

(I have been checking this in the customer service extension of the work manager. I would expect it to be the same for the work manager as well.)

If you need USER2, you can go to the config panel / Mobile Data Object Configuration / DO / ???_WORKORDER_GENERIC / ResultSet Field Selection. There you can search for field USER2. By default it should be unchecked; you need to enable it. Use SE37 to verify that this gives you the information you need.

Next steps are:

• Add a property to the workorder object in Agentry.
  • Extend the Java object, add the field there as well and extend the setProperties(Table) method to set the field.

Regards, Daniel

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Daniel, I will check on that field and get back to you.

Regards.

0 Kudos

MainObject->UserProfile should have the Personel Number of current User and ctPersResp.. Complex Table has a list of Personnel IDs so that you can transfer WO to them. The CT should have name also so you can display current user name and other user names.

There is no need to change Java or ABAP.

thx

Chandra

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra, thank you for your reply.

I saw that ct on my ATE, but is empty on my ATE, do you know why it can be empty? Maybe some PM configuration missing or something like that?

Regards.

0 Kudos

The table is populated if you are using WO Assignment Type (1 through 4). Also please check if the table is disabled in Mobile Application Parameters.

Thanks

Chandra

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm using type 6 or i can use 8 too. The idea is that i need to get all the orders inside a work center.

Anyway, that information is very useful. I will put your answer as correct, but if you have any about using type 1 - 4 and getting orders for my user and someone's else, should be good.

I will test some options anyway and I post if I find something, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the ctpersresp populated for WO assignment type 8. I may have to do with filter options for CT - ???_HR_EMPLOYEE_LIST.

You should be aware that the UserProfile is populated with values for the current user (i.e. the manager). You will not have information about who is the person responsible for individual WOs.

Regards, Daniel

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

So you will always get the same name, not the one assigned to a particular order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no connection between Workorder object and UserProfile object.

former_member204169
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks.

do you know how to link this?

0 Kudos

First let us be clear of data source

The User Profile Object contains info of Current User. It will only have Personnel Number not name - so if you want name you have to look up in ctPersResp table.

ctPersResp - contains all Personnel Numbers and data based on filters configured in config panel.

The ctUser table contains data for current user and cannot be used here. ctUser contains info that you have in User Profile.

Display of Name

1) Can you please clarify if the Person Responsible filed of WO is populated? If so you can use that number to look up in the ctPersResp table.

2) Now if the Person Responsible is blank and you want to use the Work Center at Operation/Header to figure out Users it is assigned to as User Parameter then you have create a new table and query SAP Table USR05 to download data for all Users (you need to figure out a filter criteria).

It appears that you are trying to support (manual) scheduling from Work Manager Mobile App. Have you considered MRS for scheduling? SAP GUI or backend is usually ideal for scheduling.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manuel,

is your original requirement still the same?

I need to display the number or name of the personnel responsible of a work order

If so, I would advise you to check if USER2 contains the correct "person responsible" (as described in my initial comment... no coding required for this step)

You might want to use the ctpersresp to retrieve a readable name/description for the USER2 value as a second step.

Btw. if you have not written Java extensions for the Work Manager so far, this is the perfect opportunity to broaden your horizon - it will not get simpler than this...

Regards,

Daniel

Answers (0)