cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Tab and Cordova Plugins not working on SAP Fiori Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using SAP Fiori client 1.2.4 and I have an Custom UI5 App which is integrated with the Fiori launch pad. I have Barcode Scanner implemented on the code. Everything works fine in the Fiori client without the launch pad. After the launch pad integration, Barcode Scanner plugin and Double Tab functions stopped working on the Fiori Client.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been fixed by implementing Component.js file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santiagu,

I have the exact same problem. What do you mean you implemented the  Component.js file. I am using the Kapsel template to create a custom SAPUI5 app in SAP WEB IDE with bar code scanning.After deploying it works perfectly if launched directly in the Fiori client but not using the launchpad. Please advise.

thanks

Amina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amina,

Do you have the Component.js file in your project? If no then create this file manually and write the code as below.

jQuery.sap.declare("sap.ui.myFiori.Component");

sap.ui.core.UIComponent.extend("sap.ui.myFiori.Component", {

createContent : function() {

// create root view

var oView = sap.ui.view({

id : "app",

viewName : "sap.ui.myFiori.view.Main",

type : "XML",

viewData : { component : this }

});

// set i18n model

var i18nModel = new sap.ui.model.resource.ResourceModel({

bundleUrl : "i18n/messageBundle.properties"

});

oView.setModel(i18nModel, "i18n");

// done

return oView;

}

});

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Regards,

Santiago

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PaulBuettner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure this change fixed your fault? IT seems like nothing in this component.js is assoziated to cordova?

I'm encountering the same issue - without launchpad in SAP Fiori iOS Client everything works quite smooth.

Launched from the Launchpad cordova is not instantiated.

> I tried the workaround with using windows.parent.cordova.plugins.barcodeScanner.scan(... to access cordova from a launchpad triggered app...