cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User validation while approving access request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

While  creating any access request the user validation from LDAP is working  fine.

We have some scenariors where the user data is deleted from LADP but  the related access request are still  present  in GRC system  and after approval it is  providing the access /creating roles etc( for the invalid user).

Do we have any option to do a validation check of user while approving the Access request?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks&Regards

Trupti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can search for all the requests within the GRC system that have been submitted for user "X" via the "Search request" report on the Access Request Admin section.

Then as GRAC Admin, you can cancel them all.

Hope that simple solution helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Thanks for your suggestion.

In our case we don't have the  information regarding the invalid user.  So  is it possible to  do

the  user validation check(from LDAP) while  approving the access request.

Thanks&Regards

Trupti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that prior to submission, if your LDAP source is the primary user source (and only one) and you have set the parameter setting 2051 (Enable User ID Validation in the Access Request against Search Data Requests) to Yes, then this will stop you from raising a request for a invalid user.

I believe you have already configured this.

As for requests that were created prior to the person being removed from LDAP, I don't think there is an easier way out. In the "User Provisioning >Maintain Provisioning settings" section, you could have the Account Validation check performed on the ABAP side and give a "Error" or "Warning" should the user not exist, but this is probably not what you want for your solution.

Easiest thing would be the report solution given in my initial response.