cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported SAPControl operation: GetAlertTree

0 Kudos

Dear experts

I'm on implementing the monitoring for an SAP Web Dispatcher. I'm able to monitor the HTTP-service (using SAPPingHTTPCollector) as well as the process itself (using SAPControlWSCollector and operation GetProcessList).

Now, I would also like to receive some performance data. The standard template by SAP uses the SAPControlWSCollector using GetAlertTree as operation. But, it failes and I'm getting the following error within smdagent_trace.X.trc:

#1.5 #A0D3C1FB1F270D7F0000000000004ED400051556367356DE#1430834908452#com.sap.smd.e2emai##com.sap.smd.e2emai#######Thread[ExRun:e2emai:jobmgr_15,5,e2emai:jobmgr:ExecTG]##0#0#Error##Java###[MAIJobObserver] ERROR occurred for metric collection 00000000000000000003[com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPControlWSCollector].

[EXCEPTION]

{0}#1#com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.ConfigCollectorException: [SAPControlWSCollector.collect] Unsupported SAPControl operation:

GetAlertTree

at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPControlWSCollector.collect(SAPControlWSCollector.java:197)

at com.sap.smd.mai.job.MetricJobRunner.run(MetricJobRunner.java:32)

at com.sap.smd.server.exec.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:46)

at com.sap.smd.server.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:781)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

#

The "GetAlertTree" command works fine by accessing SAPControl directy using "sapcontrol -nr ** -function GetAlertTree"...

Any help will be apreciated.

Regards, Michi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi experts

I was able to solve the issue. It looks like the SAP Diagnostics Agent needs to push a file to /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/data/icmandir/admin/publicicp and needs permissions to write into.

Regards, Michi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michi,

that didn't help for us. Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards

Ralf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michi,

Can you please upload the full logs once ?

Also, when was the last time you updated the agents and LMservice patch ?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu

Thanks for short replay.

The error is repeating since I activated the monitoring template within every 15 minutes (only error). The rest of the log - before the activation - seems fine.

As I'm on the road, I'm unable to send you the complete log at the moment.

We are using SM 7.1 SP 13 (just installed 2 weeks ago). Agent has been installed shorty as well as the SAP Web Dispatcher is not running for long.

Regards, Michi