cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import two file with Import manager

0 Kudos

Hello expert MDM,

I needs to import two Source file from different systems (Navision and ERP 2005). I am not using XI. but i have extract the both source manually and i have two XML-file with duplicate. I would like to import the both file with Import manager. I have import one file successfully. But I can not import the second file because the Button "Get the second Source" is faded out. Could you give me Input how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi badang,

To Import Second file please follow these steps:

In Import Manager after you import your first file then go to <b>File --> Connect to Source</b> in import manager, a new window comes then specify your second file name and perform Import normally.

Regarding the Get the second source i found this documentation from reference guide:

The Port drop-down list includes an entry for each inbound port you define in the MDM Console for the selected Remote System; those that do not have files waiting or are locked by another user are disabled in the drop-down list. When you select a port, the

MDM Import Manager automatically selects the first source data file that is waiting to be processed; you can then use the Get Next Source File command to select each succeeding file.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hello Sagar,

I Thank you very much for your feedback.

1) yes is right I have two XML file from two System.

2) but the Import is not doing automatically, I am not having a connection between MD with the both Remote System.

3) how can I have key mapping without Connection with Remote System?

If I have a connection is right but I have only XMLfile which have manually extracted from both system.

I need to import only the both file manually.

4) lets going that we have only two XMLfile with product Record which step is necessary to import the both file and de-ducted this .

5) <u>two XMLfie from two System ---> <u>Import the Both File</u> and de- ducation the both file and finally with need Sydicate this XMLfile not in system but only in a file</u>

Thanks advance

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi Sonje,

I thanks for your feedback, I done this Step but couldn't have the both file in my repository. why not?

I have follow scenario

1) I have customizing Lookup table in navision

2) Export this data von Navion with XMLPort

3) File Source navision

4) in ERP 2005 I have converting Matmas to XMLdate over Stylus Studio

5) in the next step I like to import the both file im MDM and I am liking to consolidated the both file.

6) at next step I like to have only one consolidated file in a new system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi badang,

Let me guess i am on right track:

1. You have two XML files to be imported from two systems with duplicates in it.

2. If yes in this case you have to make use of remote key mapping and De duplication.

3. Remote keys are used to identify the record belongs to which client system.

4. De duplication is used to remove duplicates.

With reference to your point: "at next step I like to have only one consolidated file in a new system "

Do you want to syndicate a single file?

If yes then you have make use of Syndicator to do the same with some Mapping properties trick.

Please revert if any queries.

Thanks and regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

Mark Helpful Answers</b>