cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIFACT EDI Separator - strange error when more than one message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm currently implementing quite a few EDI interfaces and I've discovered a strange case. By the way, I am using SAP PO (PI with Java stack only) version 7.4 with the B2B adapter. I'm using the EDI separator also described here:

to split a file into multiple EDI message types. It works when I have multiple messages of the same type (for example, multiple ORDERS messages), but it doesn't work when I have two different types of messages (irrespective of the type - ORDERS and ORDRSP, ORDRSP and OSTRPT, ORDERS and INVOIC...), giving me a strange error at the second one saying:

Adapter-Framework: com.sap.aii.adapter.ediseparator.ra.integration.DispatchException: Message cannot be dispatched: Message cannot be dispatched: Error in conversion of INVOIC/98B-Edifact-Document at character 91 to XML: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot find next state and action for current state "B2B,UNH" and segment "UNZ"

This is given always for the second message type found in the file, no matter its message type.

I checked this error message, it is briefly described here: Troubleshooting Information for EDI-XML Converters - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Unfortunately it does not apply to my situation as in my case it is ALWAYS working if the message reportedly having an error is processed separately in one file or the input file only has messages of one type (irrespective of the type).

Attached you will also find the configuration for one integrated configuration and one comm channel. As said, I followed that Inbound step by Step config without significant deviations.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this.

Best regards,

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_bauer1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got the same error also if there is only one EDIFACT Type included in the file but several messages in one file. I checked it with one message and it worked. But when I add a second one (tried it also with 2 times the same message) it failes with this error Message.

Any Idea? For me it sounds like a bug.

Kind Regards and thanks,

Daniel

HoHi-cbs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exact patch level does your component PIB2BTOOLKIT have? After patching from SP04 patch 17 to patch 26 we also suddenly got several exceptions (EANCOM version and conversion of German umlauts, ...) which was working correctly with patch 17.

Regards, Holger

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Can you please share what kind of exception you are getting ?

Thanks

Appala

0 Kudos

Hi George,

Can you please  confirm the messages that you are trying to split is part of the SAP delivered content.

We had seen cases, where some of the messages are not part of the content.

You can verify the same by going to EDIFATC->TABLES  and filter for the message and version.

Thanks,

Appala

RautVinit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have EDI Inbound Order interface and I am facing same error. When I try to process single file with EDIFACT Data, it works. IDOC/Order is posted in ECC system.

But when multiple partner Order data is clubbed together into single file below error is observed.

"Cannot find next state and action for current state "B2B,UNH" and segment "UNZ"

Any one received any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Vinit.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

As far as I know, you can only have the same type of EDI messages within 1 EDI interchange.

You can just try to put a * in your sender EDIseparator adapter, for the message type part. But I guess that will fail too.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thank you for the very quick reply.

As described in the EDI separator blog:

Rahul used 2 transaction types in his ANSI X12 example. I would expect that 2 or more message types would work for EDIFACT as well.

Best regards,

George

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure that it is not the case. I worked a lot with EDI in the past, but always with one and the same message type within 1 EDI interchange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone else please confirm this? I can't either confirm or deny this by reading the SAP Help

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, business-to-business add-on 1.0 - SAP Library

and anything else that I can find with 100% certainty.

Thanks,

George