Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping staging area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new in SAP WM but not in WM.

I used to map staging areas (i.e. G.I. staging area) like a shelf space in other systems. When I remove material from shelf stock or shelf picking location I would like SAP to move the material just picked into a random bin location (only one level, being at ground floor) in the staging area. I.e. if the staging area for Door 003 could be mapped from 003-01-01 to 003-34-01 (that means 34 pallet posistions, one full truck) and we have all the space available, one delivery of 4 pallets should occupy positions from 003-01-01 to 003-04-01. If there is and additional delivery of 5 pallets the sistem should select from 003-05-01 to 003-09-01 and so on up to the maximum capacity of the staging area. Is there a way to achieve this result?

Enrico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP's Value-Added Service's "Staging Area" seems close to your requirement, please check if it really fits:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c8/70b65334e6b54ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using next empty bin put away strategy (L) for storage type 916 you should be able to achieve that after adjusting the movement type settings so its not using a dynamic bin for put away. Normally items picked and staged for shipping are not placed into unique bins because that level of tracking is not required for outbound staging (no inventory counting happening there) and there is no benefit to the business to track on the bin level after stock is staged for shipping. I do not however see anything stopping you from using the standard system guided put away options that are used for 310 general storage (for example) during staging for outbound delivery. Otherwise there is two step picking functionality you could look into if the 003-01-01 to 003-34-01 bins are not actually the final staging area for the stock.

If any one is aware of any issue that would prevent system guided put away for delivery picks please correct me (haven't done that myself).

I would argue that its not beneficial though. (just my opinion, apologizes if that particular type of feedback was not desired)