cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to creat commitment for PO PR but not creat statistical cost for GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quantities and Values in Valuated Project Stock: Example - Material - SAP Library

Planning

Material FIN-M is assigned to network activity V10 and is managed in the project stock for WBS element P/4711.1.

The network type is flagged as appended and apportioned to the WBS.

Before the first MRP planning run or before the planned orders are converted into purchase requisitions or production orders, the following amounts appear in WBS element P/4711.1:

• Planned costs of $500,00
  • Remaining order plan value of $300,00

The MRP controller begins by converting the planned orders. First, the planned order for the material RAW-M is converted into a purchase requisition and the planned order for the material SEMI-M is converted into production order A2.The order type is flagged as not appended and apportioned to the WBS.The remaining order plan value in the WBS element changes by the amount of the internal activities portion of production order A2 to $400,00 (300,00 + 100,00).After the purchase requisition is converted into a purchase order, a cost commitment of $50,00 also appears in WBS element P/4711.1.

External Procurement

Valuated goods are received for the purchase order, but the price is $10 different at $60. Assuming that material RAW-M is price-controlled, this gives rise to a debit posting of $60,00 in the stock account and credit posting of $60 in the GR/IR clearing account (Financial Accounting).If the inventory accounts was created as a cost element in CO, the following appear in WBS element P/4711.1:

• Statistical actual costs of $60,00 in the stock cost element
  • A cost commitment of $0,00

If material RAW-M is price-controlled the standard price is $50,00, the postings in Financial Accounting are: $50,00 debit to a stock account $10,00 debit to a price difference $60,00 credit to the GR/IR clearing account

In this case, the only figure in the WBS element would be statistical actual costs of $50,00.

Above excerpt from SAP help, may I know how to do configuration to creat commitment for PO PR but not creat statistical cost for GR?

Thanks and regards,

Ray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jie,

if i right assuming your query then PR->PO= Commitment should be created.

but GRN by MIGO=Statistical cost should not create once MIGO if right then actual cost would be 0.

you can activate commitment by OKKP transaction.

And you want to cost should not be statistical after MIGO right?

here solution is cost never statistical type until account assignment object not statistical type this is my assumption.

if this is the issue then check G/L account from the PO. then check that G/L account, whether it is a B/S account or P&L account? I think you have wrongly assigned P&L account.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, very sorry that I misunderstood the costomer needs.

In the customer system, inventory account was created as a cost element in CO, so the statistical actual cost appears on WBS when goods receipt, this statistical actual cost is recorded in assigned value, and it consumes a budget.

The customer thinks that doing GR is only a statistaical postings, the real actual cost will hit project after goods issue, the goods receipt should not consume the budget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If statistical cost element not created, will commitment raise?

If statistical cost element not created, how to control the PR and PO use budget?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create Goods Receipt, I am getting actual cost in WBS Element. As per customer request, When I do the Goods Issue then only actual cost has to come to WBS Element.

1. Is it due to statistical cost element cretaed for inventory account (BalanceSheet account)?

2. If statistical cost element not cretaed, will commitment raise?

(Or) Am I missing any configuration settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give me possible solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Jie,

For relevant PR/PO, first find which account assignment category is being picked.

or Use OPTT, acc. category assigned to order category 20

Under customizing activity, for relevant account assignment category you will find options for GR,

1. Valuated (Goods receipt)

2. Non-valuated(GR Non-valuated)

Please disable "valuated' , then check actual cost is posted or not against GR.

Please leave feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, very sorry that I misunderstood the costomer needs.

In the customer system, inventory account was created as a cost element in CO, so the statistical actual cost appears on WBS when goods receipt, this statistical actual cost is recorded in assigned value, and it consumes a budget.

The customer thinks that doing GR is only a statistaical postings, the real actual cost will hit project after goods issue, the goods receipt should not consume the budget.

0 Kudos

Ok Jie...

In case of valuated project stock, each wbs act as individual stock segment and GR posting credit inventory cost or statistical actual cost on wbs level. And prerequisite to get that inventory cost appear on stock managing wbs element is to create relevant material stock account and cost element type 90.(which in your case is already available). If not created , inventory cost wont be shown on wbs level.

Please note that although GR posting make assigned values but this value is not checked in budget availability check in standard system. Even you wont find this business transaction in tolerance limit settings. So I doubt budget is consumed at GR level in standard system.

After GI/IR is posted , relevant activity is credited with actual cost (this time budget will be checked if customized so) and simultaneously inventory cost is reduced. So to leverage budget management along with valuated GR , customize budget check at PO level itself and don't let the account assignment changed throughout procurement cycle. Function of valuated GR is to let the client know about cost(statistical) in advance instead when actual consumption is posted.

Commitment management is solely managed by activating it through OKKP. It has nothing to do with inventory cost element .Please note one exception , if PR is created through MRP run system will not post PR commitment only because of performance reasons.

Please remember value flows are different for other stock types so don't apply above statement to them.

Hope this will help you up to great extent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

In case of valuated project stock, if statistical cost element not created, how to check the budget availability when I do the PO and PR?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

it can be done through

a. budget profile - OPS9 - (assigned to project profile) - when to activate control & with reference to annual/overall settings

b. define tolerance limit - how system has to respond to relevant business transaction- PR/PO in terms of budget check..img path - ps - cost - budget - define tolerance limit

if you still have doubts , let have voice chat. ur Skype/gtalk id???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Updating commitment values iscontrolled by the following parameters: the G/L account to which the purchase order is assigned, must be created as a cost element at the delivery date.

In case of valuated project stock, if statistical cost element not created, how to check the budget availability when I do the PO and PR?