Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM: Invalid date in input field prevents cancel event

silvan_zuppiger2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hey all

I'm using a standard GAF with an inputfield (type DATS). If I do enter a wrong value like '05.05.20yy', I should be able to close the GAF with the cancel event. Instead the error message "Error Cannot read 05.05.20yy as date; enter the date in the format DD.MM.YYYY" is displayed. The cancel event does not work until I enter a correct value.

Some more information:

- With a proper entered value, the cancel event works fine

- The cancel button is marked as validation independend

- This is a 7.31 SPS14 system

How do I manage to still carry out the cancel event in the GAF if the user types in a wrong date?

Thanks for your help!

Silvan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Silvan,

the cancel event should be configured with action type "validation-independent" and then it should go through despite of invalid values. Please check if Note 2128120 solves your issue.

Best regards

Jens

silvan_zuppiger2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

The description matches perfectly our behavior. I have to check with our customer to patch the system as soon as possible.

Thank you very mutch and have a nice evening!

Greets Silvan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

silvan_zuppiger2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Maybe anyone does know if this is the standard behavior of the cancel event when an inputfield of type date (DATS) has an invalide value?

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Silvan,

In screen dynpro, we have AT Exit command that allow user to back on screen without entering the Mandatory values,

Please check the same at FPM level if possible. but i don't think so it is possible or you can do one thing define the date field into character variable and validate the date in your code it's is just temporary solution.

Thanks

Nishant