SAP Integrated Business Planning for sales and operations

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have a quick questions,

1) Do i need HANA DB to run SAP IBP

2) Is is a cloud based solution.

3) if its a cloud based solution, do i need seperate cloud licence.

Kindly through some light on it.

Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek

Here are the answers below:

1. You don't need HANA DB to run IBP

2. IBP is currently only available on Cloud

3. You don't need separate cloud license. However you only cloud subscription for the SAP IBP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Parveen Kumar

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Praveen,

Thanks for the info , but btw what will be backend for IBP. Will it be SAP BW,

Means, how do i pump in data into IBP and where the planned data will be saved.

Vivek

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

IBP backend is actually using HANA DB only.

IBP is only delivered on HANA DB both on-cloud (IBP 4.0) and on-premise (S&OP 3.0) deployment.

Regards.

YS

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Yeu Sheng,

I had the same impression. But i am not able to find any solid proof -

Everywhere its written that- "SAP IBP- powered by hana " thats Ok, but I cannot find SAP HANA DB in the prerequisite.

So what I am looking is a Official Document where is says - prerequisite of SAP IBP is SAP hana.

Hope you got my point

Regards,

Vivek

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Do you have any official Doc where is says - SAP IBP can run on non HANA Db.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

To simplifiy it, SAP IBP is only available on Cloud version. So you actually do not need anything. SAP will take care of DB, Application, HCI etc.

The old release of S&OP 3.0 is also available on on-premise version. For that you do need HANA DB. Since it is pure HANA application, only HANA DB is supported.

Regards

Rinju

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rinju,

Got it, but in that case how will be data  flow in and out of IBP. Meaning can i connect my existing BW data to IBP and save the data back from IBP to BW , or IBP has a seperate DB , in that case the data is redundant and will require data loadoing again into cloud , like master data and stuff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes, you can connect BW to IBP using HCI (HANA Cloud Integration). HCI comes along with IBP as one package. In fact, you can connect to any other system like APO, R/3, flat file etc with your IBP system using HCI.

Regards

Rinju

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Rinju,

Thanks for clearing most of queries. I have one more question.

Do i need to create separate data models in cloud for the IBP reports or can i utilize my BW data models.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I do not know much about BW. What i can tell you is that in IBP you can create your own reports. This needs to be created in IBP itself.

Best regards
Rinju

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

as the IBP HANA Cloud is a separate system , you can NOT use your BW data model

That means, you build a new data model in IBP.

But within IBP the several applications like IBP for Demand and IBP for SOP can share the same data model. If you compare with APO, you needed separate models for DP and for SNP (DP was in timeseries LiveCache and SNP in Order LiveCache)

Now you can run e.g. strategical planning and supply planning in one model, both working either at the same granularity / planning level or at different levels.

Second, as stated already above, you can interface all kind of source systems via HCI = Hana Cloud Integration. The license is included in the cloud contract (if that has not changed meanwhile, I am not from Sales). You connect SAP-systems like ECC, BW or APO and directly read from an Infocube for example, or you can do a direct read on tables or join several different tables.

And surely you can interface flatfiles. HCI evolved very much the last months ad became pretty powerful

There is an implementation guide just for HCI that provides all details you need

Enjoy

Irmi

Answers (0)