Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Functional Location and Equipment Creation

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a query.

I have ehnanced a new tab and i have some 10 fields in that screen of Equipment and Functional Location Screes.

Now the requirement is that while creation of that Equipment/Functional Location itself it should update the Classification details + the Address details + our custom fields along with the general standard fields.

And this rquirement is for Data Migration Team i am doing, they want some tool through which they need to upload this so that it will creat the Equioment and Functinal Location along with the data they have uploaded.

So for that i am creating a custom idoc to improve the performance.

And now my qnestion is how can i create an FL or Equipment with all this data.

Is there any single FM or BAPI available or first we have to create it and then need to update the required details later.

Please suggest the best way.

--

Thanks,

Karthik.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marc_marco
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can achieve your requirements using the IBIP tool without ABAP.

You can download here exemple  and modify it per your requirements.

This can done using the IBIPBDCD structure that allows an extension of the standard batch input processes (classification and characteristics ) without the need for changing programs or writing new ones.

how to achive this  ?

Step 1 – Edit IBIPEQUI Structure - if you like to add fields which are not existing in the current  Exemple , in the excel menu press on edit button – select the IBIPEQUI structure and select the checkboxes to add the required field  ,then press on “edit ibip”

Step 2 -  after complete filling the IBIPEQUI structure you can add class detail in the structure IBIPCLAS – change the class name

Step 3 -  fill the IBIPFEAT characteristics structure you can change – change the characteristics  names and values

Step 4- in column Y  you can see  the addresses fields added , you can delete  non required fields or add new  rows ( by copy existing.. ) and then changing the field name (Column Y ) and the fields value at column Z.

Step 5 - Customer fields – in this Exemple I fill standard fields EQFNR MSGRP just to demonstrate the concept..

In cell Z21 after you return to the main screen when returning from the address screen – fill the tab number in which the Z field are located  ( in the current Exemple  I have use =T\02 since the fields were in the second tab  , if the Z fields are located in tab 6 for Exemple fill the value =T\06 instead.

After the last function code is completed , you will be in the customer sub screen , fiil the names and values of these fields as done in line 24-25 and you are done.

Step 6 :  press on to generate the flat file 

Step 7 : load the flat file in transaction IBIP  in SAP

let me know if you have any query.

hopes this helps

Regards,

Ziv

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ziv Markovick,

Thanks for this information, Actually i am new to this tool, But it looks like my requirement can be achieved through this tool.

Thank You Very Much.

--

Karthik.S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

What about the performance of this?

Actually we have some 8 million of Fl and Equipment that needs to be loaded as part of Cutover Activity

And i have created a Custom IDOC For this.

So which will give good Performance?

And using the IBIP tool can we update the custom enhanced fields to the FL and Equipment??

--

Karthik.S

marc_marco
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - the  IBIPtool support Equipment as well Functional location and you can use it to update the enhance the custome fields

Actually I have done  last month mass changes using this tool to  1.5 millions system profile e

I split the file to several files and upload it to the application server using transaction CG3Z

then I schedule  sequenced jobs in SM36, so the the all process  done  on 6 servers on the production system in parallel was completed less then 4 hours.

Regards,

Ziv

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You, I will try the same and let you know the result and if any further help required I will post here,

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

As suggested already you can use Batch Input method or recording method to update the fields

Try to use LSMW with Recording method which can be done by Functional Consultant and it should be handled manually in Production. It has some limitation as far as volume is concerned. If you want to run programatically without Manual activity you can create a batch Input method using BDC and this can be created by ABAPer as it require some coding

Explain to your business on these two options and proceed as per the business decision

thanks

santosh

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the FM or BAPI to update the Classification (Class) into the Functional Location ?

is the BAPI BAPI_OBJCL_CREATE is useful?

Please reply.

Thanks,

Karthik.S

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use FMs

BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

in sequence to update Class values to Functional Locations. You need to give the export parameters in the following way.

FLocn value should be in the field OBJECTKEY in the format shown above. OBJECTTABLE is IFLOT and the CLASSNUM is your class.(MOTR here).

You need to use the second BAPI in sequence to save the changes. This is a tested example.

KJogeswaraRao

karthik_snair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Thanks for the clear example,

Now i have one more query,

How to create an Address.

I tried with the following Fm's but was insucessful.

ADDR_INSERT (What is that handle in this?)

ADDR_NUMBER_GET (How to get the generated Address No ?)

ADDR_MEMORY_SAVE

ADDR_MEMORY_CLEAR

Can you try once ?

And if sucessfull, please ellaborate how you have done.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my view, EAM will be a constrained space for this subject. Rather you should try in ABAP space. Regarding your query about ADDR_INSERT go through these links if you haven't aready:

You can take clues from these discussions. (In the second discussion there is a concatenate for address_handle)

Also I came accross these two FMs.

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to be used in sequence.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

You requirement to upload together the Classification details, Custom fields etc, in my view can not be handled at a time through FM or BAPI. You need to use different tools for the same. It will be practical to think about Creating the Equipments with Basic data first and then use tools like IBIP for Classification details uploading and LSMW for Custom field uploading.  Alternatively a short way could be to Create Equipments along with Custom fields through LSMW or  BDC program (SHDB recording) and then using IBIP tool for classification uploading. In case you are going for a BDC program, then I see a possibility of addressing all requirements together thorough this program.  (Depends upon your ABAPer)

KJogeswaraRao