SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use usage factor for MR estimation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I'm trying use Dynamic period control and synthetics profile for estimating MR in Grid system.

I did configure DPC successfully however I didn't know which next step to estimate MR result with usage factor.

Please give me some advice

Thanks.

Message was edited by: William Eastman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuan,

This would be a custom solution. SAP standard doesn't have any code for estimation of Meter reading based on usage factor.Its the other way round. Usage factor can be estimated from meter reading.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuan,

This would be a custom solution. SAP standard doesn't have any code for estimation of Meter reading based on usage factor.Its the other way round. Usage factor can be estimated from meter reading.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thank for your information.

If SAP standard don't use usage factor for MR estimation, so what is the purpose of usage factor in Billing.

I read the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/e4bc3948d3ac55e10000000a114084/content.htm but not so clear how it work in billing.

Tks

0 Kudos

Hi Tuan,

As is written down in the link you have shared, the usage factor will be used in forecasting(for settlement). It's not specifically used in Billing. You can however by checking the values in the synthetic profile and the usage factor estimate the future consumption but this would be manual , SAP doesn't have any code for this in Billing. Also if you go into the Load profile tab, there you could estimate the consumption which is based on the average of the past usage factors but again its consumption that is estimated and its to be done manually.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I clear.

Thank you