cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on sap.m.multiinput

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using sap.m.multiInput UI control to search for territories from the backend tables. After every letter is typed, a request is made to a oData service and it retrieves the list of territories from the database that match the values that is typed. For example if the user has types "In" , a request is made and all countries that begin with "In" are shows as the list of available suggestions, so in this case countries like "India", Indonesia" etc will be shown in the list of suggestions.

The problem is that if the user types "In" and then types "x", i.e the work becomes "Inx" , a request is made and no country is found that starts with "Inx", in this case all suggestions go away which is fine but the text "Inx" also gets deleted from field.

Is there a way to NOT get the value in "sap.m.multipInput" get deleted by itself, if no match is found ?

Thanks,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Why dont you call the odata and assign it to the json model  and try fetching the data...?

when once all the values are computed on the event furthur proceed with the update of the data back...?

have a look into the below link,

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjun,

Thanks for the help. But I canot query all the data form the backend at once. I am searching for over 200,000 records and the performance will be very bad. So I would like to trigger the query to the backend only when the user types in some letters in the multi input field and based on the letters it will return the subet of data from the backend.

Thanks,

Vivek