cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transported application parameters appear but do not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts - we have a custom WDA application which works fine in DEV and Q until we added two parameters to the Parameters tab in the Application.  In DEV, we have turned off field history (Set WDENABLEFIELDHISTORY to no value) and disabled Personalization (Set WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION to X).  Having done so, the application behaves correctly in DEV.

When we test the application, do a right-click and choose "Technical Help", the parameters display as we entered them: WDENABLEFIELDHISTORY has no value and WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION has a value of X.

Once transported to Q, the parameters appear in the Parameters tab of the Application, just as in DEV.  However when we run the application in Q, the parameters have no effect on the operation of the application, and in the "Technical Help" they have not been changed from the default values:

NOTE: the parameter WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION does not appear in the "Technical Help".  We have tried:

• Activating the WD component in Q
  • Deactivating the SICF service and reactivating it

Neither works.

Any ideas on how to get  the WD Parameters to work in our Q system after being transported there from DEV?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jack Hofmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member210191
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jack.

I know this is an old thread but I had the same problem and I found the solution at SAP Note 1332644 - WDA Application Parameters are not changed in all clients. After WDA application transport, go to target system, start transaction SHMM, select area CL_WDR_CONF_APPL_SHM (double click), select your WDA application from the list and press the "invalidate" button.

Afterwards, the WDA application takes correcly the newly set parameters.

Best regards,
Nacho

anasabdulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks a lot for the reply. It really helped me to get rid of my theme issue in production.

Regards,

Anas Abdulla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who have replied.  The issue has been resolved; but, I 'm not sure why the actions that I took worked.  First, to all who replied: yes, the transport moved the parameters correctly.  There was no "application configuration."  Have not considered setting the parameters at the iView level, as the WDA application did not work correctly when operated from SICF.

OK, here is what worked: I ran SAP-supplied WDA WD_GLOBAL_SETTING to see if changing the parameters there would work.  I also did this to insure that I had authorization to change parameters.  After running the WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS (turning off the WDENABLEFIELDHISTORY parameter, and turning on the WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION parameter) my WDA app worked in accordance with the new Global Settings.  Strangely, in SU53 I had an authorization issue.

Then, I re-ran WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS, restoring both changed parameters back to the origianl SAP settings (WDENABLEFIELDHISTORY is enabled; WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION is disabled).  No SU53 issues this time "The last authorization check was successful."  AND, when I ran my WDA app, it behaved correctly: the parameters that I transported were now in effect.

Again, thanks to those who offered suggestions!

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

There is possibility of over-riding your application parameters by application configuration. Check if there is any application configuration exists and it differs from dev and quality system.

Regards,

Rama

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jack,

I don't know the exact solution, but i will give you one suggestion.

Create one Application in DEV for any test WD. check the TR object.

After checking TR, add the Application Parameter. and than check the TR.

Compare your both TR released one and New one.

2.     Set the parameter value at the IVIEW level.

Thanks

Nishant

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Normally I did add parameters in Dev for a custom application and it created a transport request, when tranported to Qual., it worked fine without any hassel. Please check if the transport object contains the changes you made or not.

Regards,

Harsha