cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account determination with out account keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we do account determination with out account keys? and explains how?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Account determination is an FI interface with other modules inorder to determine the right G/L accounts for posting.

And account keys act as a bridge for posting the amounts between FI and other functional applications which serves as the basic purpose of any business such as revenues, discounts, stock values etc.

Therefore if you dont consider account keys while configuring account determination...........no postings will be made in to G/L accounts. then your entire business would go for a toss.

<b>Reward if helps</b>

Regards

Sai

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You can do by using the substitution rule. Finace team will have control of this. I had one issue where I had to hit product sales without an account key. The finance team did this with substitution rule

Reward points if you get it right

Thanks,

kamal

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that you can do it creating an access without account key or leaving it blank. But it makes no sense for me because in this way you cannot separate the account during posting.

reward points if helpful

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

No without account key we cannot do acct. determination.

With the help of account key we determine in which GL account it should go.

As name implies it is a key which determine the account.

Reward if it adds info...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per me it can't be done.Account key is assigned in the pricing procedure.So the values for that particular condition type will get populated in the GL account maintained for that account key by FI person.This is the only way GL account can be populated for SD condition types.

Reward points if helpful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

No we cannot, Account keys are the keys to define the mapping beteween the values in the condition type to G/L account postings. If no account key,no postings.

Please reward if this helps

Regards

Simu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

Account Key is the trigger in pricing procedure, which will determine G/L account. It is a integration of SD-FI. In Pricing Procedure, the condition which need not be posted to accounts, need not have account key, but the condition type which are to be posted to accounts required account key, else it will not post the condition type to accounting.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka