cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text id during product import between CRM and MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm extracting the products from CRM and then launching the import manager to load this product I'm facing an issue with the long text.

In my xml file I've the following entries :

<CRMS_MDM_PRODUCT_TEXT>

<TEXT_OBJECT>PRODUCT</TEXT_OBJECT>

<TEXT_ID>BASE</TEXT_ID>

<TEXT_HTML>

<LANGUAGE>EN</LANGUAGE>

<TEXT>1.COTTO CLEAN : Heavy metal substances control : Zinc, Lead, Cadmium and Copper 2. Extra Chrome : Nickel-chromium plated up to 8 micron. KEY FEATURES 1.COTTO CLEAN : Heavy metal substances control : Zinc, Lead, Cadmium and Copper. 2. COTTO CLICK : Easy to Install & Easy to Change. 3. Extra Chrome : Nickel-chromium plated up to 8 micron.</TEXT>

</TEXT_HTML>

</CRMS_MDM_PRODUCT_TEXT>

Everything is fine here but when I load it in import manager I can't map the TEXT_ID values.

When the import is done the TEXT_ID value is not passed to MDM so my products doesn't have the "BASE" value in the data manager.

Do you have any clue on how to get this field mapped?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Not every MDM field needs value mapping. Some type of field values are mapped automatically. This is happening this case as well. For further info have a look at the MDM Import Manager reference Guide: SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management (MDM) 7.1 – SAP Help Portal Page -> MDM Import Manager reference Guide -> Value Mapping...

Best regards,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I know that all field values are not necessary mapped but in this case the TEXT_ID is not passed to MDM whereas the value in my xml file is existing in MDM...

regards

Nicolas

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

The concept of value mapping is as follows:

Value Mapping is required for all Boolean and lookup(*) fields.

Now in Lookup's there are again two things,

1) Lookup with single display field, where you will map the destination field name directly and do the value mapping.

2) Lookup with multiple display fields: here they are again two ways to do the mapping,

i) You have to have a source value with combination of all the display fields or

ii)  You need to map all the individual display fields and then create a compound field for the lookup field.

Now in your case, going by the snapshot: you have "Text Type" as lookup flat and it contain the following two display fields: " Text Type Text" and " Text ID".

Now you need to follow 2nd approach as you have two display fields, that is

Case 1: Request CRM to provide data as "<text Type Text>, <text ID>" in a single field and then map it to "Text Type" and do the value mapping.

or Case 2: If you have data in two source columns/fields for " Text Type Text" and " Text ID", then concat them and map it to "Text Type" and do the value mapping.

or Case 3: If you have data in two columns for " Text Type Text" and " Text ID", then map them independently and then right click on source fields and click on Compound field and select "Text Type" that will create a compound field and map it to the destination, there after proceed with value mapping.

Hope the detailed explanation helps, please let us know if you require any other information.

Thanks,

Sai Charan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Charan,

I get an answer from SAP few hours after yours and I was in Case 3. Actually I needed to create the field "Text Type Text" as it was not existing in my source file. And then applied what you said.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Answers (0)