SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of Security Deposit

tkreikemeier
Explorer
0 Kudos

When a security deposit is returned due to move-out, in FPL9, the return increases the amount of the manual payment that cleared the security deposit by the cleared SD amount or creates an automatic clearing item for non-manual payment clearings in the amount of the cleared SD.  We were told this is "standard" but to me, this does not seem correct. Below is just one example of what displays.  During a customer move-out, what is standard practice and how should the security deposit return appear in FPL9?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tasha:

Standard means different things to different people...

I would take a look at  KBA 2123681  A parameter ID FPL9_DOWNP_CHR is provided which may solve your challenge.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per Standard practise SD  will be released from Downpaymnet on Final invoice and moved to transfter posting item under 250/10 main /SUb transaction.

Thansk,

Laxmi.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the response.  Can you help clarify what that release should display when viewing an account in FPL9?  We have a debit line item for the original $200 SD request.  Then, a line item for the $200 cash payment.  Upon release, we see the $200 cash payment line item increase to $400.  This is confusing for our customer service representatives when discussing an account with a customer.  Should we see a credit item for the $200 SD release instead of an increase in the payment?  Thank you.  

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tasha:

Standard means different things to different people...

I would take a look at  KBA 2123681  A parameter ID FPL9_DOWNP_CHR is provided which may solve your challenge.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thank you.  This is getting us closer.

0 Kudos

Is there a way to change the parameter ID FPL9_DOWNP_CHR to not include payment on account items, only security deposit payments?  This would get us what we need.  Thank you.